Now that the temperature is dropping and we are seeing stormy weather, I wanted to remind you of our school procedures for inclement weather. (These procedures and expectations are also in our school folders.)
- All students are expected to arrive at school dressed appropriately for the weather. Please label all coats, jackets, hats, etc.
- All students will go outside at recess time. We will honor parent notes for students to stay inside, but only for short periods of recuperation. A note will be required each day.
- The office staff and/or I determine, generally based upon weather conditions, whether students remain outside or come inside the building until school begins.
- Students remain outside if weather is clear and the temperature, including wind chill, is 20 degrees or higher. This threshold was discussed and voted on by our Community Council.
- Please do not send students to school too early. Crossing guards are on duty 20 minutes before school begins. School staff members begin supervising students at 8:10 a.m.
- Expect students to return home promptly after the afternoon dismissal. Crossing guards are on duty 20 minutes after school ends.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Christine Drummond, Principal