Good evening Oakwood!
Here are a few announcements that I wanted to personally communicate to you:
1. Tomorrow, Thursday September 15th is an early out day. Friday is a Student Recess Day. The school day ends at 1:40pm. AM Kindergarten runs from 9:05am – 11:05am and PM Kindergarten runs from 11:40am – 1:40pm.
2. There will be no Chess Club tomorrow because of the early out schedule.
3. Parent Teacher Conferences or SEPs will take place on September 29 – 30 from 4pm – 7pm. Families will have the option to meet with their student’s teacher either virtually or in-person. More information and how to sign up will be sent out next week via email, website, and social media.
4. The school’s Book Fair runs all next week in the media center! Parents are welcome at all hours and students may visit on their own during lunch and after school. Monday the fair is open from 12pm – 5pm. Tuesday – Thursday the fair is open from 10am – 5pm. Friday the fair is open from 10am – 12pm.
5. Wear a Hat for a Quarter! Tomorrow our Student Council is holding a little fundraiser where a student may wear a hat all day at school if they bring a quarter. Student council members and their advisors will be stationed at each of the entrances tomorrow morning collecting quarters in jars. As teachers lead their class into the building, students may place their quarter into the jar and enter wearing their hat. This is a fun, new idea that the student council came up with and if it goes well, we could possibly do it again in the future. We ask that all hats worn are school appropriate so as to not become a distraction and/or be disrespectful to others. All funds raised will go to support activities for our students!
I love our Owls and I hope you all have a nice evening!