Parents and students,
On Tuesday February 28, 2017 Olympus High School will be administering the statewide ACT given to all juniors. This is a great opportunity for every junior to take the ACT and it is free of charge. We encourage all of our juniors to make sure that they get a good night’s sleep and eat breakfast before coming to school. The school will be providing a snack and bottled water for the break. Juniors will need to bring their student ID’s or a driver’s license and we recommend you bring your own calculator (only certain calculators are allowed on the ACT so they can check with their math teachers if they have questions, and the school will also have calculators that they can use for the test). Please see the detailed outline below for schedule, including options for sophomores and seniors:
ACT Schedule – February 28, 2017 (A-day)
- 7:00 Buses with all Juniors, self-contained students, and any Sophomores and Seniors that choose to come early arrive. Sophomores and Seniors who choose to come early are to remain in the commons area until testing concludes at 11:35.
- Approximately 7:00 (normal time) – GTI buses leave from schools (only sophomores & seniors take this bus)
- 7:25 Bell rings for students to report to testing rooms
- 7:30 Arrival, ID of students, seating
- 7:40-7:55 Testing begins
- -Test concludes (approx. 11:15-11:35)
- Lunch 11:35 – 12:10
- Note: Between 10:30 – 10:45 (normal time) – GTI buses will arrive at schools with morning sophomore and senior GTI students. Students are to stay away from the ACT testing area. GTI buses pick up afternoon GTI students from each of the schools around this time as well (Normal bus schedule).
- 11:30 Sophomores and Seniors should begin to arrive on their own if they choose to come late and they did not ride the morning buses.
- 11:40 – 11:50 GTI bus leaves with Junior GTI students (these students need sack lunches)
- 12:15 – 12:40 (1B)
- 12:45 – 1:10 (2B)
- 1:15 – 1:40 (3B)
- 1:45 – 2:10 (4B)
In addition, if you have a sophomore that has registered to take the Pre-ACT (formerly known as the PLAN) they will need to follow the schedule above similar to the juniors, but they will all be testing in the Auxiliary Gym.
Thank you for your help and please contact the school if you have any questions.
Olympus High School