Dear Seniors and Parents,
We are still waiting on final word on graduation and what events this will fully entail, but we wanted to start getting some pieces in place so that we are fully ready.
On Monday May 11th we will be handing out caps and gowns to all of our seniors, along with getting a picture of each senior for our graduation slideshow. We have created a Sign-Up Genius for each senior to sign up for a time that is the most convenient to them and to also maintain social distancing.
Here is how the process will work:
- Sign up for your selected time (we have to limit the number of students in the building at one time) at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b44a8aa2aa4f85-senior
- Wear a white t-shirt to pick up your cap & gown that you will wear underneath your cap & gown for the picture (this is to maintain consistency in pictures and not distract from the cap & gown).
- Please arrive at Olympus High at your designated sign-up time and park in the south parking lot.
- If you have any textbooks, novels, calculators, or chrome books that you no longer need to use you can return them at this time. If you still need them, hold on to them and we will have more dates in the future for you to return the items.
- Pick-up your cap & gown from Jostens outside the commons area (weather permitting) and then proceed to the doors in the southwest corner in the commons to enter the school.
- We will have each student dress in their cap & gown. One parent or guardian is allowed attend with their senior to help with the cap & gown. Mirrors and bobby pins will be provided (you are also welcome to bring your own to hold on your cap).
- Once dressed, we will have you stand in line to have your picture taken in the main gym – maintaining proper social distancing.
- Bell Photography will take each seniors picture in their cap & gown (there have been concerns about the gowns having wrinkles, but the picture will be more of a head shot, plus many families prefer to do their own picture which you will be able to do since you will take your cap & gown home that day). Please see attached flyer if you would like to order pictures.
- Once your picture is done, you will exit out the gym doors to the amphitheater and go to your car.
- You will need to return your gown at the designated time (look for a future email) before you can receive your diploma so please keep them clean and in safe keeping.
- Please note that this year we are giving out caps & gowns way in advance due to the circumstances. Receiving your cap & gown does not guarantee that you have completed everything you need to graduate. Diplomas will not be issued to any student with an Academic hold (missing required classes for graduation) or Financial hold (to check to see if you owe and fees for fines please go to shopolympushigh.com and check your student account).
If you have any questions, please contact the school.
We will be sending more specific email regarding graduation in the future. If you did not receive this information in an email then please contact Danette Ontiveros at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you to our email list for future information.
We are looking forward to a celebrating with our seniors and making the end of year special. It will be different, but we will do what we can to celebrate you. Please make sure that you attend on May 11, so we have you in our slideshow. Seniors not in attendance will have their yearbook picture in the slideshow.
See you on May 11th at your designated time!
Steve Perschon – principal