There is a lot on this website – below are some suggestions
- If you’re looking for a teacher website, including the disclosure statements – Look under Directory and Teachers. If they have given me their website… I put it with their name.
- Registration information will be in the mail soon
- The school Calendar is huge. Be sure to click the date and expand the content.
- Registration information is on the front page at the beginning of the year. You may call the office at other times.
- Here is the link to ALL registration information from the district.
Student dress should be safe, modest and clean. Since the public school is a place of learning, the school reserves the right to prohibit any apparel which it deems to be a substantial distraction to students, disruptive to the operation of the school or a safety risk to students.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn at all times.
- Standards of decency and propriety dictate that outer clothing will not reveal underwear.
- Shorts and skirts must be at least mid-thigh in length. Short shorts, jogging/gym shorts and cut-off shorts are not allowed. Pants cannot have large holes mid-thigh and above.
- Sleeveless shirts are permissible; however, muscle T-shirts, halter tops, midriff tops, off-the-shoulder shirts and spaghetti straps are not allowed. Tops must cover the midriff and navel. Girl’s shirts must be modest in the depth of the neckline.
- Clothing depicting any controlled substance and clothing which displays or implies offensive, vulgar or sexual language is prohibited.
- Clothing depicting disrespect or negativity toward any race, culture, religion or gender, or which displays or implies criminal activity or violence is prohibited.
- Any item of clothing or mode of dress that may be interpreted to indicate gang involvement or affiliation, as defined by the Salt Lake Area Gang Task Force, is prohibited. For example, “sagging” (“sagging” is defined as the wearing of pants or shorts more than two inches below the navel either in front or back), bandanas, chains, monikers (nicknames or gang names), clothing with metal spikes or hanging belts will not be allowed.
- No clothing that gives the wearer the appearance of being a Police Officer, Sheriff or Security Agent will be allowed.
- Students who violate the dress code will be given a policy violation ticket, appropriate clothes to wear for the day and will be assessed a $5.00 cleaning charge on the first violation. On the second violation, and each violation thereafter, the student may be suspended until a parent conference is held, or the student will be issued another policy ticket.
- Hats are allowed as long as they comply with the above requirements concerning controlled substances, gang activity or harassment. All hats must be worn either straight forward or straight back. Teachers may prohibit hats from their classrooms if they choose.
Olympus High School Song
Here at Olympus where the Titans grow,
You’re gonna find yourself on winners row.
There’s not another can half compare,
If you’re not from Olympus, You’re from nowhere.
Mighty as Hercules we take our stand,
Winning each vict’ry with an iron hand.
We’re gonna soar to the sky Olympus
We know we can if we try. Rah! Rah! Rah!
Proudly we all salute you.
Named from our mountain grand,
Rugged and strong you stand.
Holding aloft your colors,
Hear now our battle cry,
Long Live Olympus High!