READING PROGRAM — STARTS NOW!!!
Click below for monthly calendars:
The why and how to access in the Parent Portal
Proficiency Based Grading
1. Homework is meaningful independent practice which requires time and effort outside the classroom and has an articulated purpose tied to content standards, but is not scored, although teachers are expected to give feedback.
2. “Extra credit” is not included in the academic grade.
3. Points not deducted for reasons other than a student’s lack of academic proficiency.
4. Issues of student behavior, participation, punctuality, work timeliness and effort are reflected in a citizenship grade rather than an academic grade.
5. Classroom assessments tie directly to specific content standards and objectives.
6. Teachers create frequent opportunities for students to demonstrate proficiency.
7. Teachers utilize a multitude of evidence in multiple modalities to determine a student’s level of proficiency: assignments, observations, portfolios, assessments, products, discussions, projects, performance tasks, etc.
Parent Portal: provides access to your students Gradebook, Lunch Balance, Testing Scores and more.
How to set up account: