Dear Plymouth Elementary Families,
I hope you had a restful and relaxing summer! As we begin another school year, I am grateful to be the principal of such a wonderful school! Part of what makes our school great is our community and parent support. One of the goals of this school year is to build and support an even stronger community by relying on you to continue being a part of your child’s education.
As the Principal, I am excited to be a part of a school community where family members are visible and actively engaged. I am honored and privileged to lead a dynamic professional community where teachers and staff cultivate an environment in which students achieve and believe in themselves and their school. As mentioned previously, your input, feedback, and support will be critical to my leadership, the teaching and learning environment and above all to the success of your child in our school. Together we can do great things!
With our school’s aim of having a greater emphasis on leadership and improving academic outcomes and high student achievement school-wide, Plymouth Elementary will continue to incorporate the core values of the school: Be Respectful, Be Safe (Keep Your Hands, Feet and Other Objects to Yourself or KYHFOOTY) and Be a Leader. Using these as our guiding principles, each child will be encouraged and supported in working to his/her full potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
In order to achieve these goals, I have included several ways that family members of our school community can work together with the Plymouth staff:
- Send your child to school every day on time.
- Make sure your child gets eight hours sleep each night.
- Establish a routine for studying. Give your child a quiet corner to read and regular time to do homework.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, telephone, notes, or letters
- Attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences
- Celebrate your child’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work.
Please know that I welcome your participation, support, and efforts as they are greatly valued and appreciated. Wishing you a wonderful upcoming year of success! I look forward to seeing you bright and early for our first day of school, Wednesday, August 19th!