Dear Rosecrest Elementary School Community,
This letter is to inform our wonderful community of the recent meeting and vote taken by the Rosecrest School Community Council. As a Council, we would like to inform the community as to the following:
- There have been four public meetings on reconfiguration, all held at Olympus High, which members of the Rosecrest Community Council have attended. Our community council has studied this issue, attended meetings, and discussed it in meetings for a few years.
- Every Community Council meeting over the last two years has included discussion on reconfiguration.
- At our last meeting on August 19, 2019, we had parents and members of the community present. We answered questions, had discussion on reconfiguration, and debated the third-party survey results received from a survey conducted earlier this year.
- We took a vote on the issue after these discussions. We voted because every school in the network was going to vote and to accommodate the schedules of our community council members. We were the last council to formally request information last school year. While we were first to vote, all other schools in the network have voted or will vote on this issue by September 12.
- Our vote was split on reconfiguration, and as a result of the split, Rosecrest will not be formally requesting reconfiguration to the district.
- Today, we sent a letter to the Granite School District Superintendent, Dr. Martin Bates, informing him of our split vote and, as a result, we are NOT formally requesting grade reconfiguration at this time. The School Board will review that information along with voting results from the rest of the schools in the Olympus Network. However, the School Board is NOT bound by the voting.
- If you have an opinion for or against reconfiguration, we encourage you to contact your Granite School Board representative, Todd Zenger email@example.com
- Additionally, if you want your voice heard before the board, you should review any information & get your word in prior to the Board’s October meeting where they will likely discuss reconfiguration.
- Moving forward, in the event the School Board decides to reconfigure grades in our network, we encourage you to attend future Community Council meetings where the implementation of that reconfiguration will be a topic of discussion.
We thank you for your dedication to our wonderful community.
From: The Rosecrest Elementary School Community Council