We are working hard to ensure a safe and positive start to school this fall. I want to assure you that all decisions are, and will be, based on information from our local and state health departments. Due to the nature of COVID-19, please remember that all plans will be fluid and flexible as changes are inevitable. As of now, here are some things I can confidently share for the 2020-2021 school year.
- School will begin August 24th. We are offering a Face to Face and a distance learning option. You will be asked to formally declare your choice (Face to Face or distance) soon.
- All staff and students will be required to wear masks. We will provide a reusable mask to every student.
- Extra cleaning practices will be put in place throughout the school to address touch surfaces and frequently used areas.
- We are upgrading to hospital grade filtration and increasing airflow in all classrooms.
- Part of our school level plan will address how to promote greater social distance during non-core curricular times among other things. Music, PE, lunch and recess will continue with increased precautions.
- On August 5th, our Rosecrest plan of assurances will be posted here on the school website.
From this point on, I will make it a point to communicate with you weekly via email and our school website. Plan on a new message sent to your inbox each week. The District will also periodically communicate to you via email. They sent an infographic just last week. If you didn’t receive this email, and would like to ensure you receive district wide emails, please let me know. I”ll help you do some troubleshooting.
Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility. I am excited to begin school and meet our students! Please don’t hesitate to email me or call the school. I am more than happy to answer questions and listen to concerns. ~ Ms. Ambrose