Click the link above to download the Diploma of Merit Application. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Po’uha in the counseling center.
AREAS OF DISTINCTION DEPT. REP SIGNATURE/STAMP DATE
Academics/College Prep: Ms. Po’uha
Applied Technology: Mr. Clawson
Athletics: Mr. Mackay
Business: Ms. Wouden
Citizenship/Community Service: Ms. Rasmussen
Dance: Ms. Call
English: Mr. Harward
Family And Consumer Sciences: Ms. Katsilas
Journalism: Ms. Floch
JROTC: Col. Andersen
Mathematics: Ms. Hilton
Music: Mr. Jensen
Science: Ms. Paxton
Social Studies: Mr. Curtis
Theatre Arts: Mr. Garner
Visual Art: Ms. Anderson
World Languages: Mr. Wells
Transcript, 2nd semester schedule, and any other documentation that shows you have completed the requirements (must provide proof of enrollment for any courses being taken online or at another school).
DIPLOMA OF MERIT REQUIREMENTS
- 27 Credits consisting of:
- English 4.00
- Social Studies 3.50
- Mathematics 3.00
- Three (3) full years of consecutive Math above Pre-Algebra (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters, specifically)
- Science 3.00
- One (1.0) credit each in any three (3) of the following:
Earth Science, Biology, Biology Honors, AP Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Human Biology, Human Anatomy, Medical Anatomy, Chemistry, Chemistry Honors, Chemistry 1010, AP Chemistry, Physics with Technology, Physics, Physics Honors, AP Physics, AP Environmental Science
- Fine Arts 1.50
- Physical Education 1.50
- Computer Technology .50
- Financial Literacy .50
- Health .50
- CTE 1.00
- Electives* 8.00
- *Four (4.0) full elective credits must be core classes from English, Social
Studies, Mathematics, Science, or World Language
- No more than three (3.0) credits will be allowed from an alternative source such as Community Education, Electronic High School, etc.
Exception: Classes taken from colleges or universities under concurrent enrollment.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative CPA.
- Diploma of Merit candidates must earn a minimum of TWO (2) Area of Distinction Awards.