Taylorsville High School offers concurrent courses. The eligible students that take concurrent courses will receive earned credit for both high school and post-secondary school. Concurrent classes are offered for only $5.00 per credit hour.
The offered concurrent courses for the 2020-2021 school year are:
Art 1020 – Salt Lake Community College
Music 1010—Salt Lake Community College
Medical Terminology—Salt Lake Community College
Chemistry 1010 with Chemistry 1015 (lab)—Utah Valley University
Business Management 1600—Salt Lake Community College
Business Office Specialist-CSIS 1020 – Salt Lake Community College
Welding 1005—Salt Lake Community College
Millwork-CMGT 1200 – Salt Lake Community College
English 1010—Salt Lake Community College
Math 1030—Salt Lake Community College
Math 1040 – Salt Lake Community College
Math 1050—Salt Lake Community College
Math 1060—Salt Lake Community College
Spanish 3118—University of Utah (Spanish Bridge Program)
Chinese 3118 – University of Utah (Chinese Bridge Program)
Requirements for Math 1030, 1040, 1050, and 1060
Math 1030: ACT Scores – Math 19, Reading 16
Accuplacer – Elementary Algebra 60, Reading 58
Math 1040: ACT Scores – Math 22, Reading 16
Accuplacer – College Level Math 50, Reading 58
Math 1050: ACT Scores – Math 23, Reading 18
Accuplacer – College Level Math 55, Reading 75
Math 1060: ACT Scores – Math 26, Reading 18
Accuplacer – College Level Math 70, Reading 75
Requirements for English 1010 (12th Grade only)
English 1010: ACT – Reading 18
Accuplacer – Reading- 75
There are many steps to becoming a concurrent college student. The student must first apply to be admitted to the college, and then the student must register for the course.
Salt Lake Community College
To apply for admission to Salt Lake Community College, the student will need to start here.
**For admission you will need the following:
- Your State Student ID number (SSID). This is the number you used when you take the SAGE tests. This is NOT your school ID number.
- If you don’t know your SSID, please see your counselor or come to the Career Center.
- An email address you check every day.
- The approval of your parent or guardian
- Your social security number – optional, but very beneficial.
- A credit/debit card to pay the one-time $40.00 non-refundable admission fee. If a credit/debit card is not an available option, you can complete your application by printing your application number and taking it to any SLCC location Cashier’s Office within 3 business days.
SENIORS! DID YOU APPLY TO SLCC DURING UCAW? Then to take Concurrent Enrollment in the Spring you need to change your status! Click here to show you how: Instructions for CE Students Admissions Update Application
University of Utah
Spanish & Chinese Bridge Program
Utah Valley University
To apply for Chemistry 1010 & 1015 (lab)
UVU Concurrent Enrollment
Please see Ms. Paxton if you have questions.