Educational Technology TIPS cards
Technology Integration Progress (TIP) is a framework for teacher technology professional development created by the Granite Educational Technology department.
- The goals of the initiative are to:
- Provide easy-to-find and access technology training resources for teachers
- Encourage teachers at all levels of technology usage to increase or improve their use of technology to support instruction
- Access TIPS Cards
- CANVAS course for TIPS
Technology Work orders
- Use the Technology work order Icon on your computer to create work orders for other technology issues/requests such as:
- peripheral hardware installation; printers that are not automatically installing or not on the printer server.
- Canvas and Gradebook problems
- other software (GSD) owned
- AV issues with projector/camera/speakers
- Networking problems both wireless and wired
- Help desk work orders can also be accessed inside the GSD portal.
Connect to a Network Printer
- connecting to a networked printer in the faculty copy room (printer & high capacity copy machines), media center printer, or networked department printers in the school:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the star in the upper right corner for a list of your Favorites.
- or type in this URL https://gsd-prntsrvr1/printers/;(works ONLY inside of the GSD Domain.)
- bookmark this link in Chrome
- Select the Granite School District links folder and
- click on Printers for Secondary Schools.
- Find the printer you wish to connect to by the school code (648) followed by the room number. 648-COPY-xxxxxx; 648-MEDIA-HPLJ601
- select the printer name you wish to connect to. (must start with 648)
- Click on Connect in the left-side menu.
- Click ‘Yes’ to install the printer.
- To add another printer, click on All Printers to go back to the list of printers.
- BE CAREFUL YOU ARE NOT CONNECTING TO OFFICE PRINTERS!
Outlook & Skype
Polycom USB Phones should automatically connect your credentials in Skype and outlook email. Check your Skype Profile for an active phone number. If there isn’t a number, create a technology work order.
The first time you may have to login to Skype and save your email credentials to initiate Skype and Outlook email accounts.
Use Skype for Instant messaging, and make calls out to any contacts in the GSD Address list.
Please Make sure you are active on Skype! It is the easiest way for me to trouble shoot simple tech issues with you remotely. Phones can be checked out from the Media Center if you are a new teacher to the building.
- the GSD Workspaces icon on your computer gives access to several website or program shortcuts and allows self install of common programs.
- Use the search option and then select applications available to install. (Adobe Creative Cloud, SMART board tools, IPEVO camera)
- Access Gradebook, Canvas and Portal
Student Login & Passwords
- Currently enrolled GSD student passwords expire every 365 days, regardless of transferring schools within district.
- Staff have the ability to reset lost/forgotten passwords through the helpdesk/ work order page under User Management.
- Watch Video to review the instructions
- Be sure you are setting the password to the default, School1, and check the box ‘force reset’ so that students are forced to change it at login.
Yearly Teacher Technology Tasks
- Update your password if necessary!
- Put 2 challenge questions in the Password Manager application inside the PORTAL so you can reset your own password.
- Use the requirements; 7 character minimum, 1 Capital letter, 1 number or special character, don’t repeat an old password or use First/Last Name.
- Favorite/Bookmark these URLs in your browser:
- GRADEBOOK: https://gradebook.graniteschools.org
- GSD Portal: portal.graniteschools.org
- School Website: https://schools.graniteschools.org/taylorsvillehigh/
- CANVAS LMS: https://graniteschools.instructure.com
- HELPDESK: https://helpdesk.graniteschools.org
- It will only show current outages or problems district wide if you are on the public (outside facing) page.
- Only inside the domain can you access the work order system. It is accessible inside of GSD PORTAL.
- Know where the work order Icon is on your computer or use the URL
- Setup your GRADEBOOK properly for both Grading Scheme and CATEGORIES.
- Are you using PBL grading? IF so, CANVAS grades will NOT push over into gradebook.
- Are you using a Standard grading Scheme, A-F? If so, grades WILL push over to GB ONLY if you have MATCHING Categories in both GB and CANVAS. Use the CANVAS categories option in GB to set this correctly!
- Set up courses for BOTH semesters now.
- Merge your courses in CANVAS once you decide on which will be the Parent/Master course that will be edited regularly.
- If you do this after adding assignments with scores, all data may be lost! Do not merge once you have student data in the courses such as assignments and scores!
- Use the Canvas Commons to use a GSD Template scheme to layout your new course.
- Review how to merge your Canvas courses.
- Lenovo X-1 convertible laptop (specifications may be different than shown here for memory/storage capacity)
- Think Pad Docking station
- 23″ Monitor
- ONE cord plugged in to the dock will connect the laptop
- The USB-C Docking station will have:
- A second monitor
- the LCD projector connection
- Networking cable (blue)
- USB items
- how to connect the laptop and docking station.
Keeping your Laptop up to date
Since your laptop is going to be in and out of the building, you will need to make sure everything is up to date. Security patches and other software are pushed remotely to the computers while inside of the district network, but you need to be sure you are getting them installed. This requires a restart, possibly two or three times when your device is at school. You can do normal tasks while the updates are installing, just minimize the window.
- Click the Windows Icon. Click All Apps.
- Scroll Down to the I’s and click “Ivanti Management”
- Click “Security Scan”.
- Select open.