Good evening Truman families. This is our weekly update for the week of May 8.
This will be a regular week with early day on Friday.
- There is no kindergarten this week due to end-of-year assessments. You should have received a note on Friday indicating your testing time. If you need further assistance, please call the office or e-mail the teacher.
- We have 2 grades going on a field trip this week. The 4th grade will go on Wednesday and the 1st grade will go on Friday. Please have your student to school on time so they don’t miss the bus.
- For 3rd grade students, the pink monthly calendar mistakenly says the 3rd grade mini-mall will be on Friday the 13th. The correct date for the mini-mall is still May 20th .
- The school library is now closed for the year. If your student has a library book or library fine, this needs to be resolved by the end of next week. The same is true for outstanding lunch balances. Students that owe money to the school will not be allowed to participate in field day and will not receive a final report card.
- A blue half-page note was sent home in April. If you have not returned it, please do so or call the school or send a note with your students’ names and whether or not you plan to return to Truman next year. We use this information to send registration information during the summer.
- Please check our web site, trumansoars.org, for upcoming events including promotion for kindergarten and 6th grade, and the awards assembly.
- Finally, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week. We have some of the finest teachers in the district, and we appreciate all the many hours of work and worry they put forth in behalf of our students.
- Thank you.