Summer Food Services Program
- Food services will continue to operate as it did for 4th quarter. Breakfast and lunch will be combined for as long as the federal waivers continue. Truman Elementary is a school site that will continue to serve during the Summer.
- Food service will be from 11:00-12:00 Monday through Friday – There will be no food service on May 25, 2020 or July 24, 2020 (Holidays). Operation will continue through August 7, 2020. Everything is driven by participation rates, so sites are subject to change and notice will be provided to schools and patrons as soon as possible.
- Food services will not be operating in parks this year with the possible exception of three park sites: Fassio Farm Park, Hunter Park and Taylorsville Park.
- Report cards will be mailed to homes after June 11, 2020.
- Chromebooks and/or completed packets to remedy incompletes may be turned in during regular office hours. Summer office hours are as follows: 8am – 2pm May 26th-June 12th, July 27th – until school starts.
- Wi-fi buses will be discontinued during the summer.
Possible Dismissal and Distance Learning Scenarios for 1st Quarter 2020-2021
- Granite School District seeks guidance from the Utah State Board of Education, the Utah Department of Health, and Governor Herbert regarding the reopening of schools. Potential scenarios will be fluid and could include the following:
- Soft school dismissal and distance learning similar to what was experienced during quarter 4 of the 2019-2021 school year,
- A blend of distance learning and return to face-to face learning at the school building
- Or a return to the school building with a distance learning option.
- Schools will share more information and guidance when it is available.