It was so great to see everyone here at Upland for conferences and our Book Fair! We hope the experience was informative. If you missed your SEP, please reach out to your child’s teacher. They are happy to schedule an additional time to talk. Here is the latest news and information from Upland Terrace.
Souper Bowl of Caring – ends tomorrow!
Our bins in the entryway are getting filled with donations – thank you! Tomorrow is the last day to donate to our Souper Bowl of Caring. All food and monetary donations collected help families in Granite District with food insecurities. Thank you to our PTA for organizing this opportunity!
Upland Terrace was built in 1964 as a neighborhood walking school. A lot has changed since 1964, including the amount of car traffic coming and going from our school! With the cold and wintery weather, there is even more traffic in our lots.
In the last couple of weeks we have noticed a number of parents parked in our lot with engines running for a good amount of time waiting for the bell to ring to send their student inside. If you are one of these parents, please consider arriving at school later so you and your child do not have to wait. Or, consider driving through the drop off zone in our west lot. This will help keep the air cleaner and enable our staff to find a parking spot when they come to work. Thank you for your consideration!
Schedule Reminders for February
We have a few extra days off this month! Please take a look at the Schedule Reminders to ensure you are aware of when students are out early or have no school.
- Thursday, February 9: Planning Day – school dismissed at 1:40. Show your school spirit! Wear red or your school shirt.
- Thursday, February 9: School Community Council meeting at 2 in the Media Center
- Friday, February 10: No school! Compensatory Day
- Thursday, February 16: Planning Day – school dismissed at 1:40. Show your school spirit! Wear red or your school shirt.
- Friday, February 17: Teacher Work Day – no school for students
- Monday, February 20: Presidents’ Day holiday – no school for students
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Mrs. Reed, Principal and Ms. Anderson, Assistant Principal