Members Present: Jolene Randall, Brenda Lee Nope, Melanie Day
Members excused: Alisha Ivins, Kellie Handy and Margarita Morales
- Welcome to Melanie Day who was elected to fill the vacant position of Sara Noel
- The Leader in Me Symposium will be January 27 & 28, 2015 at the Davis County Convention Center. 6 – 8 parents will be attending and 12 teachers. Students from Vista will be greeting the guests and giving the speeches. The students will be encouraged to memorize the speech so they can “own it.”
- Summary of the SSAP will be ready to be posted
- The Land Trust and School Student Achievement Plan was reviewed
- Sage Testing was discussed and Utah Compose and Chrome books will be utilized for grades 3 – 6.
- Dibbles will be done as an assessment tool that will show the effectiveness of the curriculum
- A discussion for clarification and understanding took place regarding Common Core and of the Sage testing
- Because of new numbers there was a need to do a 1st/2nd grade split and a 4th/5th grade split. The 4th graders had a 5th grade buddy that brought the new student into the class and assisted in the adjustment to the new class and routine. This will be done for the 1st graders.