May 11, 2020
Dear Parents of Sixth Grade Students,
We are very disappointed the Covid-19 virus has required us to change our plans for sixth grade promotion.
We want to create a special celebration for our students while adhering to social distancing guidelines. We have collaborated with our teachers, the Community Council, and the PTO to develop alternative plans that will be fun and memorable. Here is a list of what we plan to do. Thursday, May 21, from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m., the front of the building will be reserved to celebrate.
· We have arranged for the Beat Bus to play dance music in our parking lot, creating a festive atmosphere.
· Large yard stake letters will be placed in front of the school for photo ops. Students can stand behind the CONGRATULATIONS sign with the school in the background to document their promotion from Vista.
· All sixth graders’ names will stream across the Marquee from May 18th-May 29th.
· Canopies will be set up in front of the school and PTO Volunteers will safely pass out cotton candy to 6th graders using social distancing guidelines.
· Sixth graders will receive a special card and small gift.
· Decorate cars with signs, balloons, and/or streamers to publicize our graduates.
· Have fun waving to friends, listening to music, enjoying treats, and taking photos.
· Say good-bye to teachers.
We encourage everyone to wear face masks and stay at least 6’ apart from each other.
Thank you for your support. Let’s have fun with our sixth-grade students on May 21.
Dianne Phillips Principal, Vista Elementary