The Latest Principal’s Message: 4.2.20
Dear Parents and Students,
As we adjust to Distance Learning there will continue to be adjustments in the amount and method of delivery. Here are some of the most recent updates:
- Direction has been given to teachers to limit the amount of classwork given to 90 minutes per class per week.
- If you need to come to the school, please call 385-646-5244 to arrange an appointment to take care of your need.
- Teachers are starting to create video lessons and Zoom meetings with students and other methods and strategies to provide engaging curriculum. Just like for your students, this is a process of learning and implementation.
- Report Cards will not be mailed out. Select this link to find out how to view 3rd quarter proficiency scores and eventually 4th quarter’s proficiency scores.
- Parent information and guidance for Canvas help can be found here: https://schools.graniteschools.org/wasatchjr/2020/04/01/canvas-help-for-parents-and-students/
- Administration, counselors and secretaries will be contacting those students and parents whose names have been submitted by teachers as not participating in Distance Learning.
- Parent Portal Initial Set Up instructions.
SUMMER ONLINE CLASSES
As counselors met with 8th graders and their parents during the school year, several of you expressed a desire to take summer online high school classes through Granite On-Line. Granite-Online is also offering two junior high classes this summer as well: Health 1 and Digital Literacy. To take summer online classes here is the procedure:
- Fill out the attached summer registration form and save it or go online to the District website and print, fill out, scan and return the form to your counselor.
- Your counselors emails are: Mrs. Hanks; firstname.lastname@example.org; Mrs. Sherwood; email@example.com; Mrs. LeRoy; firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a fee of $60 for each online course. This is the payment information:
- Course fees are DUE May 8 – May 21, 2020
- Summer course fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- No enrollment will occur for unpaid registrations
- Courses begin June 1 and must be completed by August 3, 2020
- Check email spam filter for payment reminders from email@example.com
- Pay online at granitesdonline.com
- Or pay in person at District Office, Curriculum Dept, Rm D211 25500 S. State St., SLC, M-F 8-5, #385-646-4239
Last year some of the classes were full before school was out for the summer, so the earlier you register, the better your chances are for availability of spots in the classes.
WJH DANCE COMPANY AUDITIONS
If you are a current 6th or 7th grader interested in auditioning for Dance Company 2020-2021, auditions will be held online. This is a great time for you to try out!
You will need to upload two videos through the google from.
- You will choreograph a 1 +/- minute solo and video yourself doing it.(Any style)
- You will need to learn this combo practice it, make it your own and film yourself doing it.
- Fill out this form, upload the two videos on this form, and submit it on or Before April 3rd
- Check out the school website on April 10th for results
Submission deadline it April 3rd at 10:00pm. Results will be posted on the school website on April 10th at 11:00am
Please email me with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Oliver Bridge and Rosalie Neville for being the 2020 Utah State finalists for Utah’s Do the Write Thing writing contest. They have a great opportunity to move on to the national competition which will be announced April 17th. Good Luck and Congratulations on your writing skills and hard work!
SKYLINE CHEERLEADER TRYOUTS
Because of the effects of the Covid-19 virus, Skyline Cheer will be holding a virtual tryout which has been cleared by the administration and district. Please follow the Google Form URL to submit your cheer tryout letter of intent. Please submit the intent by April 3rd. If you have questions regarding the intent please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual tryouts will include videos of cheer and dance to learn, as well as a “mock tryout” video where you will see what your video format should look like. You will need to send your video to email@example.com. Date of actual virtual tryout submission is yet to be determined.
Please follow Skyline Cheer’s Instagram page @skyline_cheer to get updated information as available.