Granite School District presented certificates to its teachers who achieved high success (69% or more of their students outperformed all students in similar cohorts of previous SAGE tests).
Mrs. AnnaLisa Glad – English Language Arts
Mrs. Gerolynn Hargrove – English Language Arts and Mathematics
Mrs. Leslie Murray – Mathematics
Mrs. Candace Wagaman – English Language Arts
Our wonderful custodian, Mr. Rey Marvive, received the highest award, Platinum Status, given by Granite School District in recognition for the cleanliness and care he has given to our building.
Halloween Activities at Westbrook Elementary — Monday – October 31, 2016
The Halloween parade will begin at 9:30 am (it takes about an hour to walk the inside route of the school).
- Costumes: MUST NOT INCLUDE any look-alike weapons such as swords, knives, guns, etc. (safe school rules apply).
- Costumes must be modest and appropriate for the age of the children (no immodest or adult-themed costumes).
- Students may come to school in costume and change out of it following the parade.
- No face-covering masks or disguise makeup are allowed (safety for all concerned, we need to know who is in the building).
- Parents should not wear costumes.
- Only the front doors will be unlocked (same rules as each day at school).
- Parents must watch from and remain in the auditorium and may not stand in the halls (fire code prohibits the halls being blocked) or classrooms. Any adults or unknown persons in the halls will be asked to go to the auditorium or leave the building. and Sr. High students are not allowed in the building unless accompanied by their parent/guardian. This is for the safety of all our children.
- Please be patient and courteous when parking your vehicles! Please do not park in the driveways of residents on Gold Medal or Westbrook Drives.
Parties will be after the parade at the teacher’s discretion; please check with him/her for details. Regular class schedules will be held most of the day. **If you do not wish your child to participate in Halloween activities, please notify your child’s teacher.
PTA – Our PTA is accepting nominations for President Elect (to serve in 2017-2018). Please turn in nominations to Casey Moore-Harris in an envelope on or before October 31, 2016.