See schedule below for Chromebook pickup times.
March 16, 2020
Dear Westbrook Parents,
Westbrook Elementary will have a student dismissal from March 16-27 as a preemptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). This means that students will not attend school in person.
Breakfast and Lunch Will Continue to be Available for Pick Up Only
• A breakfast-to-go will be available from 8:00–9:00 am.
• A lunch-to-go will be available from 11:30 am – 1 pm.
• Students must return home after receiving their meal. Please do not have your children stay to play on the playground unless you will be supervising them. The school will not be providing supervision of students.
• Breakfast and lunch prices will remain the same. Your child will still receive free or reducedrate meals if he/she currently receives meals at a free or reduced rate.
Student Learning Will Continue at Home
• Our teachers will be planning and preparing digital lessons for each student on Monday and Tuesday. Your child’s teacher will contact you with information on how your child can continue to learn while at home. Please watch for emails from your child’s teacher with this information on Monday and/or Tuesday.
• If your family does not have access to the internet, teachers will have packets of work for those students
• For those families without access to a device, you will be able to check out a chrome book beginning Tuesday, March 17.
• If your child needs a device, we will have a staggered parent pick up of chrome books on Tuesday, March 17. You do not need to come in if your child already has access to the internet and a device.
• Parents picking up chrome books and/or packets may pick them up at the following times on Tuesday, March 17:
Last name beginning with A-F pick up from 1:00–1:30 pm
Last name beginning with G-M pick up from 1:30–2:00 pm Last name beginning with N-S pick up from 2:00–2:30 pm
Last name beginning with T-Z pick up from 2:30–3:00 pm
• All school activities are canceled through March 29.
Please contact the school if you have additional questions or concerns. We may have to tweak things as we go. This is a new learning experience for all of us!
Crista Holt, Principal, and Melissa Trujillo, Assistant Principal