Per state requirements, West Kearns Elementary will be completing its annual WIDA Access testing on January 14th and 15th, 2021. Students who are required to take the WIDA Access test are those who have more than one language or a language other than English that is spoken in the home. These students are considered Multilingual Learners and as such receive additional support(s) while at school. The WIDA Access test provides critical information on a student’s English Language Proficiency in the areas of Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing.
Because the WIDA Access test is a state-mandated exam, students must come into the building and will need to plan on attending BOTH days to complete all portions of the test.
Notes for parents/students:
1. Please arrive to school 15 minutes before you are scheduled to test.
2. Once your student is finished, they will call you from the front office for pick-up.
3. Campus staff will sanitize before and after students arrive/leave, while also ensuring social distancing is observed at all times to maximize student and staff safety.
4. When students take the exam, they will be 6 feet apart from other students.
5. This exam cannot be taken at home and requires students to come to the school to be taken.