There will be an informational meeting held at Granite School District in Auditorium A on Wednesday, December 16th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM. This meeting is open to any Granite School District teachers who are interested in applying for a position at the West Lake STEM Jr. High School.
Open to current Granite School District contract teachers only. Applicant must have a current Utah Secondary teaching license or a Utah Elementary (1-8) teaching license with a subject specific endorsement and have at least one year of successful teaching. Teachers on a One Year Only contract are not eligible to apply.
Multiple positions to be filled in the following areas: ART, CTE, DRAMA, ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, FOREIGN LANGUAGE, HEALTH, INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC, MATH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES, VOCAL MUSIC, SPECIAL EDUCATION, COUNSELING.
The STEM Junior High School at West Lake Junior High is devoted to the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics as the platform for instruction in the Utah Core Standards. Rigorous math and science curriculum content is practically applied to the design and construction of machines, devices and other manufactured things representative of engineering and other career fields. Students at all grade levels have access to technology and mobile devices that enable them to individualize and demonstrate their learning through a variety of modalities. They participate in cooperative learning projects, simulations, and gamification of learning where student engagement is increased through the use of technology. Student learning will be rooted in problem-based experiences and focus will be on developing the ability to think critically and solve complex problems. Students also enjoy the exposure to physical and arts education that is common in all Granite School District junior high schools.
- Vision for, comfort with, and facility in the use of technology devices and their applications.
- Detailed knowledge of Utah Core Standards, Granite School District curriculum maps, and Granite School District instructional framework.
- Ability to facilitate an integrated, problem-based approach to instruction of the Utah Core Standards.
- Knowledge of S.T.E.M. processes and philosophy.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to facilitate formative dialogue with colleagues regarding student achievement.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills within the professional learning community framework.
- Experience with cooperative authentic task learning.
- Must be able to build a positive working relationship with students, school staff, administration, business partners, parents, and the community.
- Familiar with Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support.
- Committed to career and college readiness for every student.
- ESL endorsement preferred.
- Positions begin with the 2016-2017 school year
- Only current Granite School District contract teachers are eligible to apply at this time (teachers on One Year Only contracts are not eligible to apply)
- Secondary Utah Teaching License with subject specific endorsements
- Elementary (1-8) licensed applicants must have a subject specific endorsement
- At least one year of successful teaching
- ESL endorsement preferred
Contract: 1.0 FTE
Position Start Date: AUGUST 2016
If you have questions, please contact Tyler Howe, West Lake Jr. High School STEM Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (385) 646-2316.