As a community, the mission of West Valley Elementary is to empower students and staff to be life-long learners, thinkers, citizens, and explorers engaged in and inspired by the real world.
West Valley Elementary will strive to create a school where teachers can fulfill their highest expectations, and students can achieve more than they think possible. They will demonstrate pride and ownership in their learning as they grow into responsible citizens who strive for high academic achievement and character excellence.
- Mastery of Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and deeper understanding by showing mastery in knowledge and skills
- Apply learning by transferring knowledge and skills to meaningful tasks
- Think critically by analyzing, evaluating, and synthesizing complex ideas
- Communicate clearly by writing, speaking, and presenting ideas effectively
- High Quality Student Work
- Create complex work by demonstrating higher-order thinking, multiple perspectives and transfer of understanding
- Demonstrate craftsmanship by creating work that is accurate and beautiful
- Create authentic work by demonstrating original thinking and voice, connecting to real-world issues and formats, and when possible, creating work that is meaningful to the community beyond the school
- Work to become effective learners by developing the mindsets and skills for success in college, career, and life
- Work to become ethical people by treating others well and standing up for what is right
- Contribute to a better world by putting their learning to use to improve communities