With the winter season upon us, I want to tell you about our plan for days that are cold and/or stormy.
Inclement Weather Early Morning Access/Indoor Recess
There will be days where we determine it would be best for students to be inside either before school begins or during recess times. Here are some of the criteria that we will use:
- The office will use the website findlocalweather.com (Murray, UT). If the feels like temperature is 25 degrees or less, students will remain inside.
- We will also consider extreme conditions such as heavy rain or snowfall when deciding early morning access and/or inside recess.
We will use the guidelines established by the State of Utah when determining if the air quality is safe for students. The guidelines can be found at:
The office will use the website www.air.utah.gov to determine air quality levels for our school.
School Closure/Late Start
Here are some reminders about weather closure practices for schools in Granite School District. In short, we aim to keep schools open whenever possible.
Here’s how it all works:
As you can see, we take a lot into consideration to assure that the students feel safe and comfortable. There are also some things that you can do to help in the process.
- Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before 8:00am.
- After school, please make sure your student has been picked up or is on the way home no later than 3:05pm.
- Please make sure your student is dressed to be outside in the winter weather (coat, hat, boots, gloves, etc.)
Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.