Inclement Weather Early Morning Access/Indoor Recess
There will be days where we determine it would be best for students to be inside either before school begins or during recess times. Here are some of the criteria that we will use:
- The office will use the website findlocalweather.com (Taylorsville, UT). If the feels like temperature is 23 degrees or less, students will remain inside.
- We will also consider extreme conditions such as heavy rain or snowfall when deciding early morning access and/or inside recess.
We will use the guidelines established by the State of Utah when determining if the air quality is safe for students. The guidelines can be found at:
The office will use the website www.air.utah.gov to determine air quality levels for our school.
Now, after having considered these policies and procedures, one must remember that they are determined with all the students in mind. If you have a student with a specific need or reason that you feel he/she needs to stay inside today from recess, you may send a note with your child requesting him/her to be kept inside for today’s recesses.
Parents- please be sure to send your children with adequate winter attire and we will do our best to ensure that students are safe during recess.
School Closure/Late Start
Here are some reminders about weather closure practices for schools in Granite School District. In short, we aim to keep schools open whenever possible.
Here’s how it all works:
We take a lot into consideration to assure that students and families are safe. There are also some things that you can do to help in the process.
- Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before 7:45am.
- After school, please make sure your student has been picked up or is on the way home no later than 3:05pm.
- Please make sure your student is dressed to be outside in the winter weather (coat, hat, boots, gloves, etc.)
If you have any questions, please reach out to our office at (385)646-4774.