The Hilda B Jones Center provides a vocational training environment to give special education and at-risk students the opportunity to gain work-maturity skills and specific job skills.
- Support of trainers as the student is integrated into a work environment
- Development of skills which allows students to become more marketable in the competitive work force
- Opportunities to work with co-workers, supervisors, employers, and customers
- Training in job readiness skills necessary to gain, maintain and move within a student’s prospective job
- Practice in writing resumes, completing applications, and performing interviews
- Participation in a school wide Worker of the Month program
- Training and practice in various social skills are integrated in all job sites
- Students enroll in one or more classes, or Job Sites.
- Some Job sites are located at the Jones Center, and others are Job Sites within the community
- Teachers or counselors who wish to enroll a student in the Jones Center should contact Amy Hendrickson (385) 646-7460
- Required paperwork must be filled out before the student can be enrolled.
Jones Center Job Sites
- Banquet Services
- Computer Lab
- Commercial Laundry
- Community Access and Mobility Training
- Custom Arts and Crafts
- Floral Design
Community Based Job Sites
Jones Center Required Forms