COVID News and Plans
One of the most common questions we were asked before school started was, “What happens if a student or a staff member tests positive for COVID and how will I be notified?” I want to shed some light on this process but before I do, I also want to assure you that Magna Elementary does not have any active cases of COVID among its students or teachers at this time.
- Please call school administration if a member of household has a confirmed case of COVID-19 Your health information is very private and to maintain privacy we ask for your help by only communicating with administration. Please do not inform the office secretaries or even your student’s teacher. When you call the office ask for an administrator. The secretaries are trained to ask you for information regarding the nature of the call to help administrators gather needed information. Even if it is non-COVID related you can always tell the secretary the nature of your call is private. Or if you prefer to bypass the secretary please call administration directly at 385-646-4902. You can also email the principal of assistant principal: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents/guardians of students who test positive will be contacted by a member of the Granite School Nursing staff and be given instruction on quarantining procedures. School administration will immediately notify the family how their student’s leaning will continue through the quarantine. You may be contacted in the evenings and weekends if needed.
- Family members or other close contacts of your student might not be required to quarantine but should monitor for symptoms and—like everyone in our community—practice regular, thorough hand washing. Please monitor your children daily for symptoms prior to coming to school. You should also wear a face covering and stay 6 feet away from others when you leave your home.
- Administrators will conduct a thorough contact tracing and provide that information to the Granite School Nursing department and Utah State Health Department.
- Students that have been potential exposed to an individual with a confirmed case will be notified by administration via email and a private ClassDojo message.
- Depending on the length and type of exposure some students may be asked to quarantine, and others may not need to quarantine. Either way, both parties will be notified by administration.
- Parents must reply and confirm receipt of the message from administration as soon as possible if asked to quarentine. Please help us by checking your email and ClassDojo messages daily. Also, please make sure you notify the office if your email address or phone number changes.
- Finally, please remember that administrators are not health experts. Our job is to relay information from health officials and safeguard your privacy. If you have specific questions about a quarantine or the CORONA Virus itself, please contact the health department resource line at 1-888-222-2542. You may also call 801-538-6003.
Thanks to the effort of some amazing volunteers and teachers, we will be able to check out Chromebooks to distance learners on Monday five hours earlier than planned.
We will now begin Chromebook check out at 10:30 AM in the gym. Remember, only distance learners need to check out a Chromebook. A parent/guardian must be present and masks are required.
Distance learners and/or their parents may also buy lunch at the school everyday from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Students/Parents wishing to buy lunch must enter the building from the southeast door and proceed through the lunch line. You will exit the gym door and must eat your lunch at home. You will also have the option to take a breakfast for the next day.
Students/parents of distance learners purchasing lunch will be given a lunch card which they will be responsible for. You should bring the card with you each day you wish to buy a lunch.
Each student lunch costs $1.50. You must apply every year to see if you qualify for free or reduced lunch. If you haven’t done so already, you can apply here: https://www.myschoolapps.com/
Dear Parents, This is just a reminder that the PTA Book Fair is open today from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and again from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. No appointment is necessary to attend today. You can enter ...
Dear Families, The PTA is proud to announce an in-person book fair will be held in the gym Monday, February 8th through Thursday, February 11th by appointment only. Click here to schedule an ...
December 1st, 2020, Dear Magna Elementary Families, The final month of 2020 is here, and I hope, probably like many of you, that 2021 brings an end to the pandemic and a return to normalcy. ...
Dear Parents, The Title I parent meeting that was originally scheduled for Wednesday, October 22nd is now being combined with the PTA meeting on Tuesday, October 27th. This will eliminate the need ...