Leave School Feedback
We value your feedback. Please take a short survey and let us know how we're doing.Go To Surveys
The next SCC meeting will be Thursday, October 12 at 3:30pm in Room 19 (Family Center).
All parents of Copper Hills students are welcome to attend. Come to listen and learn what the Community Council is able to influence in our children’s education, and let your voice be heard.
- VOTE for Amendment to the Land Trust Plan to spend money on a full teacher
- Seat new School Community Council
- Annual Training
- Halloween Parade
We are so excited for our “Back to School” morning,
Happening August 21, 2017 – the first day of school!
Parents, please come to school with your students, walk them to their classes, and meet their teachers! We will hold two different rotations in case you have more than one classroom to visit. If you have more than two students, pick the class or grade level you feel would be most beneficial to attend.
During the classroom visit, teachers will welcome you to the room and explain a little bit about their class!
Following the classroom rotations, we invite all parents to come to the auditorium for a short meeting. Here, we will meet the principal, learn about the Copper Hills school-wide expectations, discuss pick up and drop off procedures, hear from the fabulous PTA, discuss lunch options, etc.
First Rotation: 8:15-8:25 AM
(Principal announcement to change)
Second Rotation: 8:30-8:40 AM
(Principal announcement to change)
Parent Welcome Meeting: 8:45 AM in the auditorium
We are so excited for the awesome school year ahead!!
See you soon!
Parents, this is your chance to help a child succeed.
As of January 17, on Fridays and other early out days, Half-Day Kindergarten is dismissed 5 minutes later than it used to be and other classes will be dismissed 10 minutes later than they used to be.
- Kindergarten A.M. – 8:15-10:15
- Kindergarten P.M. – 10:50-12:50
- Grades 1-6 – 8:15-12:50
Here is a video that explains the changes. Documents attached in English and Spanish explain the changes and official times above.
Please take a look at this brief letter on parking safety during drop-off and pick-up times at Copper Hills.
Membership is only $6 for the school year.
We are so lucky to have a wonderful active PTA board to help support our school.
PTA-Sponsored events include: Reflections, Meet The Masters, Vision Screening, Parents and Pastries, Math Night, Reading Night, Birthday Recognition, Book Fair, Maturation, J.A. Biz Town, Teacher Appreciation, and Field Day.
To contact the Copper Hills Elementary PTA, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are invited to join, but so are adult relatives! Prizes will be awarded to students that one or more parents and-or adult family members join. Only one envelope per family. List each student and their teacher.
– The Family Center (Room 19) is the best-kept secret in the district.
– It is open Monday-Thursday 9-11am and 12:30-2pm. Come visit the office to volunteer.
– This is a very successful program, designed so parents can volunteer in the classroom while other parents watch their toddlers. Parents help in turn by watching other parents’ toddlers.
– In the Family Center is a play area with toys, books, TV/DVD, and a table. Parent can bring snacks.
– Two people stay in the Family Center with the children, while the other parent(s) go to the classroom for one hour. Parents then trade places. Since Debbie or Krista are almost always working in the Family Center, only one parent is usually needed.
– Parents can do side jobs for teachers, such as folding and stapling, while they watch the children.