Granite Technical Institute
The Granite Technical Institute takes great pride in a student body that attends school regularly. Good attendance is the first step in having a successful high school experience.
- Teachers should conduct roll call following the tardy bell for each class and carefully record attendance on the grade book program. This should be done during self-starter class time.
- A computerized home call will be made from this list during the evening of the day of the absence.
- Parents or Guardians may excuse a student’s absence by:
- Sending a note with the student; including the date missed & student # to bring to the GTI office (with in the 5 day time period)
- Calling the office 385-646-4350 or fax a note 385-646-4347 please have student # (with in the 5 day time period)
- All absences must be excused within 5 days of the student’s return to school. Absences not excused within the 5 days will remain unexcused.
- Granite School District defines excused and unexcused absences below:
- Excused absence – Personal illness, death in the family, family emergency, court appearance, serious circumstances at home, etc.
- Long term illness – The parent/guardian should contact the school; a statement from a physician is required.
- Unexcused absence – Oversleeping, assisting with home responsibilities, babysitting, vacations, deer hunting, sluffing, etc.
- Prearranged absences – Occasionally a student will miss school for brief periods of time during the year. In these situations, parents must contact the school to make arrangements for make-up work prior to the student’s scheduled absence. Students are responsible for all class work and assignments missed. Prearrange absences should not occur during the final days of any term. Teachers are TO BE notified at least 2 weeks prior to the day(s) the student will miss.