Welcome to the Jones Center Bakery page.
Students at this job site will participate in the following career-exploration and job-skills activities:
- Learning the fundamentals of working in a commercial bakery
- Learning food preparation safety and proper kitchen sanitation
- Practicing the skills of measuring, following a recipe, baking, and packaging items
- Making bread, rolls, cookies, cakes, brownies, and many other bakery items
- Learning bakery cleanup and washing dishes
- Using a commercial mixer, dough press, and dough sheeter
- Learning the names of industry tools such as dough cutter, bowl scraper, rubber spatula, wire whisk, etc.
- Learning appropriate workplace and social skills