Welcome to Arcadia Elementary school (PDF), home of the Roadrunners, since 1967. We are located in the west-central area of Granite School District. Students promoted will attend Bennion Junior High (PDF) and Taylorsville High (PDF).
Arcadia is Wild About Learning
To inspire students to be intellectual risk takers by teaching respect, resilience, responsibility and kindness in a S.T.E.A.M. focused environment.
Arcadia Elementary School is committed to educating the whole child while providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes a passion for life-long learning, respect for self and others, and an appreciation for individual differences.
School Behavior Expectations
- Be Respectful
- Be Dependable
- Communicate Well
- Be Responsible
- Do Hard Work & Be Resilient
- Keep Your Hands, Feet, and Other Objects to Yourself (KYHFOOTY). Be kind to one another and to your teachers
Download the “Here Comes The Bus” App to know exactly when your bus will arrive. Available in Apple App store and Google Play.
- It shows the location of your child’s bus in real time.
- Provides arrival times for both home and school routes.
- Sends you a notification when your bus is near.
- The current list of bus stops, bus numbers and drivers is below. Please be aware that this information may change from now until school starts. Please visit the Transportation Department website for information on busing.
Technology & Programs
Arcadia has added lots of technology to our classrooms. Classrooms have Smart Boards and chromebooks for every student. We’re working hard to make our STEAM school technologically advanced for 21st century learners.
Our vision this year is to inspire students to be lifelong learners and enable them to have the 21st Century skills for college and career readiness. Technology and a STEAM mentality will help us achieve this vision.
We use programs such as Wonders; Go Math; Lexia Core reading; STMath; Online writing; Typing Agent; PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) to establish school-wide behavior expectations to promote learning. Assessments using Acadience Reading and Math. Benchmark Testing using RISE and KEEP.