All of our current PTA board member positions will be expiring at the end of the 2012/2013 school year. We are looking for individuals interested in serving in any of the following positions for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to be involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to one of the current board members for more information.
- President – The President is “the face” of the PTA. This individual represents our school PTA at the State level and works closely with the principal and PTA Board Members to plan and execute PTA activities. This position is time intensive, but rewarding.
- Legislative VP – The Legislative VP assists the Board with planning and executing various PTA activities throughout the school year. Specifically, this position emphasizes advocacy on behalf of the children of Utah. This member acts as a liaison with the State, surrounding PTA chapters, etc.
- Leadership VP – The Leadership VP assists the Board with planning and executing various PTA activities throughout the school year. This position emphasizes leading and managing the PTA through parent, teacher, and student involvement.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer is responsible for managing all income and expenses of the PTA. This position balances the PTA account, prepares and presents an annual budget to the Board, and provides insight to fundraising rules. This position also helps plan and execute various PTA activities throughout the year.
- Secretary – The Secretary is responsible for maintaining PTA membership, recording all meeting minutes, preparing meeting agendas, and other duties as needed. This position also helps plan and execute various PTA activities throughout the year.
Commission Positions: Commission Chairs assist with various activities specific to their area of emphasis. These positions do not require as much time as board positions, but still provide a great opportunity to be involved and help our school.
- Community Involvement Chair – Helps promote community involvement. Focuses on Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Education Chair – Promotes education and growth among our students. Organizes yearly reading program.
- Family Life Chair – Promotes healthy family life and parent involvement. May assist with Volunteer Week or other activities.
- Individual Development Chair – Promotes individual development. Organizes yearly Reflection’s program.
- Student Involvement Chair – Works to involve students in PTA events. Responsible for guiding the Junior PTA.