The Hunter High School Community Council has set the established School Dress Code. Students are expected to dress in a clean, safe manner that will not take attention away from the learning process. While we want our students to be comfortable, confident, and able to express themselves, there are certain guidelines all students are expected to follow:
- Appearance should not disrupt the learning process.
- Dress should be clean, modest, and safe; outer clothing must cover underwear.
- Students must wear shoes or sandals at all times.
- Skirts, slits in skirts, and shorts may be no higher than mid -thigh.
- Holes in pants, shorts or skirts that are located above the mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Tops must cover the midriff and navel; muscle T-shirts, tank tops, and “spaghetti straps,” halters tops are not allowed.
- Hats, hoods, beanies, bandannas, headbands, and hairnets are not to be worn in the school. The only exception are the established Hunter Pride hats and beanies which students may wear in the school if done so appropriately.
- Distracting gloves or other types of clothing are not allowed inside the school.
- No gang-related attire. This may include, but is not limited to items indicated by Utah law enforcement agencies. Gang names or old English lettering are not permitted.
- Belts may not hang below the waistline.
- Spiked jewelry or chains used as belts or attached to wallets or to any part of the
clothing or body are unacceptable.
- Clothing which advertise tobacco, alcohol, or drugs, displays or infers offensive, vulgar, or sexual language or behavior, is prohibited.
The school administration reserves the right to make the final determination if an item of clothing is inappropriate for school.
First Offense-The student meets with a member of the administration. If it is a clothing issue, then the student must change clothes. If it is a hat issue, then the administrator will take the hat and give it back at the end of the day.
Second Offense-Parent must come in and meet with a member of the administration.