Welcome to the Hunter HS Career Center! We are here to assist you as you begin your journey from high school to career and college. We can assist you if you have not yet discovered what you want to do and where you want to go. As we continue to create our page over these next few weeks you will see more and more links to great career websites.Please use these links as starting points and know that we are here to serve you! Go Wolverines!
OFF CAMPUS CLASS INSTRUCTIONS
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
● Your street pass will be available in the Career Center to be picked up from Faith Stevens the secretary.
● Please verify that the class schedule listed is correct. These are the times that you are permitted to be off campus and will allow you access on the GTI Bus. Let Faith know if the information is incorrect so that you can have a correct pass.
● You will be required to display your street pass at the GTI. They will issue lanyards for passes during the first few days of school.
● If you lose your off-campus pass, come to the Career Center to get a replacement. You are required to leave the Hunter campus immediately upon release.
● If you drop your GTI class, you are required to turn in your Off- Campus Pass and notify the Career Center and your Counselor.
● Meet the bus on the east side of Hunter High, outside by the flagpole. Be on time! The bus will not wait if you are late. For contact tracing purposes, you will be assigned a seat on the bus. MASKS MUST BE WORN!
● Morning GTI students will board the bus by 7:00 AM.
● Afternoon GTI students will board the bus by 10:35 AM.
● If you miss the GTI bus and are unable to make other transportation accommodations, you may spend the time in the Career Center or Media Center by showing your Off-Campus Pass.
● YOU are responsible to get your absence excused at the GTI; their attendance number is 385-646-4350.
● Due to COVID-19, lunch will not be available for purchase at the GTI cafeteria. Students will need to pick up lunch here at Hunter or bring their own. Students at GTI all day will need to make arrangements with the GTI Front Office.
● Students can pick up lunch from Hunter cafeteria beginning at 10:20 AM.
● You must present your OFF-CAMPUS Street PASS to enter the cafeteria early, or students can bring their own lunch to eat in your class when you arrive at the GTI. Eating on the bus will not be allowed due to mask requirement.
● Arrange with your 2nd period teacher to be excused early to the cafeteria by showing them your off-campus pass.
● If you are going to be absent, your parent must make two calls. One to the Hunter High Attendance Office (385-646-5363), and one to the GTI Office (385-646-4350) to excuse you from your GTI class.
● Attendance policies for off-campus programs are the same as those for classes taught on the Hunter campus.
● Keep in mind that busing to the GTI does not change when we are on assembly schedule or have any other change in our regular schedule school day.
● You will need to arrange with your teachers at either school when the schedule changes.
●The GTI Teacher determines your term grade and citizenship. Any questions regarding grades should be discussed with the teacher.
Please represent Hunter High and yourself in a positive way. GTI offers you a unique opportunity to explore your potential career path that many of your fellow students will not receive. Make the most of it!
Click on the link below if you are interested in applying for the EMT program through the GTI.
Concurrent Parent Permission Form Link
Did you sign up for one of these GTI classes? Be sure to complete the required application by March 1st , in addition to the GTI off campus application.