High Demand High Wage Industry Tool Kit
Hunter HS Counseling Center hours are Monday thru Friday from 7:10 am to 3:30 pm. If you would like to schedule an appointment to see your student’s counselor please call 385-646-5361. If you are uncertain as to who your student’s counselor is please refer to the list below, based on the first letters of your student’s last name.
School Counselor Email
- Dan Gudmundson A-Car firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claudia Travis Cas-Gal email@example.com
- Tupou Ofahengaue Gar-Ja firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Dees Je-Mat email@example.com
- Marilyn Kline Mau-Ph firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brett Joos Pi-Sot email@example.com
- MartaCooney Sou-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO KNOW WHAT CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE AT HUNTER HIGH?
Click the link below:
INTERESTED IN ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO EARN CREDITS:
- Granite Connections Online Courses. Go to the website at www.connectionhighschool.com print and complete form, return to your counselor to be registered. (NCAA approval varies)
- Utah Electronic High School (EHS) program. Visit the web site at http://share.ehs.uen.org for more information of classes and availability. Phone number is (801) 538-7564. (NCAA approved).
- Granite Connection High School Testing Center Demonstrated Competency Assessments. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Call at (385) 646-6042. (NOT NCAA approved).
- Credit Recovery at Hunter High School. After school Monday through Thursday from 2:20 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Average cost is $25.00. See your Counselor for referral. (NOT NCAA approved).
- Summer Credit Recovery at Hunter High School. See Counselor for referral, cost and information. (NOT NCAA approved).
- Brigham Young Independent Study program. Visit elearn.byu.edu for more information on classes, costs and availability. Phone number is 1-(800) 914-8931. (NOT NCAA approved).
- Northridge Learning Center – Independent Study Packets. Cost $45.00 each. Visit the website www.northridgelearningcenter.com/webstore or call at (801) 776-4532. (NOT NCAA approved).
- Salt Lake Community College early enrollment. After school and summer options. www.slcc.edu (801) 957-4111, enrollment and fee costs (NCAA approved).
- See Your Counselor for more information and applications!
Study abroad in Spain, France, Italy, Costa Rica, or China during the summer. With SPI programs, traditional classrooms take a back seat to exciting activities around the city, conversations with locals, and journeys where history, art, and culture come to life! College Credit possible. For more information, please visit spiabroad.com or call 866-502-7505.
TRANSITION OPPORTUNITIES FOR SENIORS AFTER HIGH SCHOOL
Seniors, I know that you are having and will continue to have some difficult conversations with parents and students about graduation, transitioning to life beyond high school and how to continue their high school education if needed. Below are a couple of documents that may help in those discussions. The Agency List, in English and Spanish, lists students’/families’ options for resources. The Transition pamphlet provides you with more information about transition opportunities for students with disabilities.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS/FAMILES/STUDENTS/COUNSELORS