Do you need a class change? Before emailing your counselor, please look Schedule at a Glance for 2021-22 at and determine what class you would like to suggest to your counselor
Information for 2020-21
Virtual Orientation: Due to COVID-19, all Granite School District High Schools are creating a Virtual Orientation. Hunter High School has elected to post videos each day the week before school (Aug 17-21) discussing life as a Wolverine to help all incoming students. Check out those videos at one of the following links:
Dear Student and Parents,
We are excited to welcome you to the 2020-21 school year and the 31st year of Hunter High School. We have missed having our student body in the school and look forward to seeing you soon with supports in place to help us all remain healthy. The following contains general information and online registration instructions for the coming school year. For your convenience, most items may be completed online. Per Salt Lake County mandate, masks are required while at the school.
Please note the following dates and information:
- Complete New School Year Registration Online and pay required enrollment fees (all students)
- August 1st – August 21st
- Parents/Guardians must log into their Parent Portal Account at: Granite Parent Portal. If you are having difficulty logging in, plan to attend one of our In-Person Help Days or by emailing email@example.com (please list the student’s name, Student ID #, and specific issue).
- If you pay Registration fees or submit your fee waiver application with proper documentation online, your student schedule will be e-mailed to you within 48 – 72 hours.
- Online Registration Helpful Tips
- In-Person Help with Registration (Main East Side Entrance of School) Items will still be completed on line with computers available at Hunter High School while social distancing and proper cleaning methods will be followed. We ask that only the parent(s) and student come to the school. All who enter the building will be required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Monday, August 10th 12pm – 2pm
- Tuesday, August 11th 12pm – 2pm & 4pm – 6pm
- Wednesday, August 12th 8am – 10am & 12pm – 2pm
- Picture Days BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS (Commons Area)
- Tuesday, August 11th 12pm – 6pm & Wednesday, August 12th 8am – 2pm
- UPDATE!!!: Virtual New Student / Freshmen Orientation
Don’t Miss School Picture Days
Tuesday, August 11th 12pm – 6pm & Wednesday, August 12th 8am – 2pm
Student ID Cards will be issued (Get into Home Region Games for Free, ID to show at School Dances).
Make Up Picture Day is on Wednesday, October 14th (7am – 3pm). Students who do not get a picture taken on August 11th or 12th will receive an ID Card after Oct. 14th
To support social distancing regulations & shorter wait times, here are suggested dates and times to come get your picture:
|Tuesday, August 11th||Wednesday, August 12th|
|Last Name A – Car 12p – 1:30p||Last Name Men – Q 8a – 9:30a|
|Last Name Cas – Gap 1:30p – 3p||Last Name R – So 9:30a – 11a|
|Last Name Gar – Ji 3p – 4:30p||Last Name Sp – Z 11a – 12:30p|
|Last Name Jo – Mem 4:30p – 6p||Last Call 12:30p – 2p|
With more information about ordering prints, please visit the Lifetouch Webpage.
- Class Changes Online before the School Year Begins (August 3rd – August 19th)
- If you need a class changed, please email your counselor.
- For your convenience, please visit the Hunter High School Webpage and, under New School Year Registration, locate the “Schedule at a Glance for 2020-21.” This will help you know what class you can add to replace a dropped class.
- If you need a class changed, please email your counselor.
|Mr. Gudmundson||A – Carfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Travis||Cas – Gapemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Kaveinga (Ofahengaue)||Gar – Jifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Doyle||Jo – Mememail@example.com|
|Mrs. Jentzsch||Men – Qfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Joos||R – Soemail@example.com|
|Ms. Benally||Sp – Zfirstname.lastname@example.org;|
- First Day of School is Monday, August 24th starting at 7:30am
- Student Lockers (UPDATED!!!)
- Granite School District has determined not to use student lockers at this time. Please contact the main office if you have questions.
- Fee Waiver Application (separate from Free and Reduced Meals Family Application)
- Fee Waiver forms will be accepted online starting August 3rd. The last day the school will be accepting fee waiver forms is Thursday, Oct. 1st. It is a State requirement to fill out the fee waiver form within the first 30 days after school starts for each student each new school year.
- Forms to apply for fee waivers and to submit proper documentation are available online through the Parent Portal together with the other forms from the District on the Registration App. Once the Fee Waiver and proper documentation are submitted, student schedules will be emailed to you within 48 – 72 hours.
- Free and Reduced Meals Family Application (separate from Fee Waiver Application)
- The form to apply for free and reduced meals may be found at www.myschoolapps.com by selecting “Get Started” and needs to be submitted each new school year.
- Yearbook Purchases may be made at http://www.hunterlegacyyrbk.org/
To see answers to other questions and to follow any changes to the above schedule, please visit our school’s webpage, social media outlets, school app, and/or call the school at (385) 646-5360. Summer hours are Monday – Friday, 8am to 2pm.
We are excited to begin this new school year with you. Go Wolverines!
Hunter High School Administration
- 2020-21 Secondary Registration Information
- Parent Portal Initial Set-up:
- Parent-Student-Registration English
- 2020-21 Fee Schedule
- Fee Waiver Form (online in Parent Portal)
- Free or Reduced Lunch Information (online in Parent Portal)
- Head Injury Policy Sign Off Form (online in Parent Portal)
- McKinney Vento Form (online in Parent Portal)
- Parent Acknowledgement for Bullying (online in Parent Portal)
- Student Technology Use Agreement (online in Parent Portal)