Dear Oakridge Families,
As we prepare for our final two days of the 2020-2021 academic year, I want to share my appreciation with each of you. This has been a year we will not soon forget. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we faced the unknown, implemented new procedures, integrated unfamiliar strategies, taught dual modalities, and shifted our practice. Together, we experienced great successes and learned from various mistakes. This year was possible because every member of our Oakridge community – students, parents, families, teachers, and staff – focused on taking care of each other. Thank you. I am honored to be part of this amazing community.
Following are a few reminders and information I wanted to share with you. Please contact me if you have specific questions.
- Oakridge will host a reverse parade on our last day of school. This will be a Distance Learning Day. On Thursday, June 3 from 9 am to 11 am, families are welcome to drive slowly through our drop-off/pick-up zone to see their favorite Oakridge teachers and staff. Faculty members that can attend will be lining the area. For everyone’s safety, we ask you to please stay in your vehicles.
- Please drive through during your assigned time according to the first letter of your last name:
- 9:00 – 9:30 A-G
- 9:30 – 10:00 H-M
- 10:00 – 10:30 N-S
- 10:30 – 11:00 T-Z
- We realize that many families live close enough to walk. However, we want to keep our students and faculty safe. Please only participate by driving through.
- Report cards will be mailed home the week of June 14, 2021.
- PTA Reflections
- Students can express themselves through the arts by participating in the National PTA Reflections Program. The theme for the 2021-2022 program year is I Will Change the World By…Students can start working on their entries for one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts. More information is available at https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections
- Junior Achievement
- Activities and videos are available at https://sites.google.com/ja.org/ja-k5-vol-videos
Summer Feeding Program
- Children may eat healthy meals for free during the summer as part of Granite School District’s Seamless Summer Feeding Program. Free meals are available to all children aged 18 or younger; adult meals are available for $3.50. Free meals must be eaten on site.
- Visit the Free Summer Meals for Children section of the Granite School District website or see the attached flyer for information about summer meals and service sites.
- We will be holding our annual school registration the last week of July. More details will be emailed and posted on our website later this month.
- Students will receive their class placements for the year.
- If you haven’t already, let us know if you plan on returning to Oakridge. Email me and Jackie (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fill out the Intent to Return Survey at https://forms.gle/k2eNe1gshAueSgf5A
- We have space available for kindergarten siblings and new students in specific grades. Reach out to us if you know someone interested in joining our Oakridge community.
- Kindergarten KEEP Entry testing will take place August 2nd – 4th. Signups will be available on our website later this month and during registration the last week of July.
- Oakridge Elementary announces two parent openings for the 2021-2022 school year. Interested parents may declare their candidacy by filling out the Declaration of Candidacy and returning it by 3 p.m., August 30, 2021.
Thank you again. Please have a wonderful summer, take care and stay safe.
Principal, Oakridge Elementary