We believe students, teachers, and parents share responsibility for student learning. We would like our students to develop healthy self-esteem, respect for themselves and others, and a feeling of personal, school and national pride. We believe that students want to behave appropriately and feel it is the collective responsibility of the home and school to teach appropriate behavior.
As a student of Oakridge Elementary School, I agree to be the best student that I can.
- I will come to school, prepared to learn.
- I will have each day’s assignments done and ready to hand in.
- I will work to reach the highest expectations.
- I will make my parents aware of all SEP conferences and encourage them to attend.
- I will respect my teachers and school staff.
- I will participate in learning and use conflict resolution strategies.
As a school, in order to give students every opportunity to be successful, we agree to the following:
- We will make every effort to provide a safe environment.
- We will offer quality instruction in a positive learning classroom environment.
- We will be respectful.
- We will have high expectations for all students and remain sensitive to student individuality.
- We will give students the necessary time to learn conflict management skills.
- We will communicate in a timely fashion so we may become a more effective team and better assure student success.
I will help my child learn by doing the following:
- I will start each day right. A calm beginning at home makes the school day much better.
- I will encourage my child to have a good breakfast and lunch. I will make certain that my child sleeps at least eight hours each night.
- I will praise my child each day for something he/she has done. I will have a special place to put school work or whatever is brought home.
- I will laugh and talk with my child about school experiences and listen attentively to what is said about the day.
- I will stress attendance. If my child is ill, home is the best place. Otherwise, my child needs to be at school every day.
- I will keep the lines of communication open with my child’s teacher. I will inform the teacher of any family situation which could influence my child’s behavior. Also, if he/she is reluctant to go to school, I will let the teacher know so that together we can find the reason.
- I will take my child to the library and encourage reading.
- I will stress organization of school notebooks, materials, etc.
- I will work at home with skills taught at school.