Skyline gaming club competes via playvs.com and meets regularly throughout each month. Steps to register include:
- register with playvs.com
- Invite code
- team proposal sheet
- club general info and fee at Skyline Webstore
- email Mr Kapptie to be enrolled in a team
- join discord channel
- tryout for varsity (more info on this to come soon)
- club leadership presentations (1 min.) Oct. 14 meeting
- Oct. 28, 2020 2:20PM Zoom Link Meeting ID: 999 5776 1046 Passcode: 747578 Recorded Passcode: E+T0UGic
- Oct. 7, 2020 2:20PM Zoom Link Meeting ID: 999 5776 1046 Passcode: 747578 Recorded Passcode: zqZ@ySl1
- Sept 30, 2020 2:20PM Zoom Link Meeting ID: 977 7702 7392 Passcode: 200459
- President: Sam
- Vice President: Jack
- Media Rep:
Question as we form:
- How are tryouts done? Varsity team tryouts (on location or remote) vs recreational teams… USHA nothing – partner with iTeams (limit for eligible state title)
- Times for competitions? coming when we register
- Games being added? spring – madden nfl, nba, soccer, ???
- in person or remote for competitions? remote practice or comp. is allowed (PC only overwatch and league)
- Stream on twitch? Yes on steam – ?? on twitch (OBS)
Notes from PlayVS:
Enrollment for the Fall 2020 season is still available for a few more days. All teams planning on competing in the Fall 2020 season should complete their enrollment by October 16th, 2020. Not sure if your team is enrolled? Check out your team profile in your “Manage Teams” page and look for the “Enrolled in the Fall 2020 season” message. Teams that are not enrolled will not be scheduled and are not currently ready to compete in the upcoming regular season. If you need any help with enrollment, please contact me and my team at email@example.com. We would be happy to assist you!
Matches for this week have been scheduled! All teams enrolled by end of day Friday have been scheduled in preseason matches this week. Please check your schedule page for any upcoming matches. As a reminder, the following esports will have matches this week: Smite (today), League of Legends (Tuesday), Overwatch (Wednesday), Rocket League (Thursday). Fortnite matches will begin next Monday for participating schools.
In the event that you are unable to compete in your match, please be sure to cancel the match ahead of time by forfeiting. As a reminder, preseason matches do not count towards your regular season rankings. Forfeits in the preseason will not negatively impact you or your players. By forfeiting ahead of time, your opponents will have time to be scheduled into a scrimmage instead, ensuring they are still able to compete. At PlayVS, we strive to have the best player experience possible and that means getting students as many matches as we can. While we never like to see forfeits, we do appreciate when they are done in advance.
You can find instructions on forfeiting using the link below.
Players and coaches have heard the news: Rocket League has moved to the Epic Games Store and is now free to play. Hooray! Over the last few weeks, you’ve been looking for updates and we’re excited to finally share some news. This Friday, we will be adding Epic Account connections to player and coach settings pages. You’ll find this option under the Rocket League account connections. Players should look to connect their accounts over the weekend or before matches next week.
Some notes on this:
- We will continue to support existing Steam accounts for the remainder of the season, however we will no longer be issuing new Steam accounts. New players should create an Epic Games account to link to their PlayVS dashboard.
- All Rocket League players should connect their Epic Games account in their PlayVS settings including players with Steam issued accounts. For now, this option is available under the Fortnite settings. After this Friday, Epic Connections will be relabeled to Fortnite and Rocket League.
- Console support is coming! By linking an Epic Account to their PlayVS settings, players will be able to receive invites directly on their console when logged in to Rocket League.
One final note on Rocket League: It has come to our attention that a new requirement has been added to Rocket League before players receive invites to matches. All players must compete in one game before their account is eligible to receive invitations through the PlayVS match making services. Regardless of whether an account is issued through Steam or Epic, please ensure that all players compete or have competed in at least one game before matches this week.
That’s all for now! If you have any questions on this or anything else, please feel free to contact our team any time. We’re here to help!