* Please note: Wasatch Jr. High is a 6th – 8th grade school. Skyline High School is a 9th – 12th grade school.
Students who live within Wasatch Junior High School’s boundaries
- Are automatically accepted to Wasatch
- Do not need to apply for acceptance to the school.
- Just come in to the Front Office or call us at 385-646-5244 and let us know you are new to the area.
- Once we have your information, you will be given access to the course selection.
Students living outside of the school boundaries
- Must apply to Wasatch through an application process known as open enrollment. Fill out the online Open Enrollment form or a paper open enrollment application form (PDF) (print it off here or go to the Front Office for a paper copy).
- Open Enrollment for the next school year begins November 15, 2023 and ends February 2, 2024. Students who apply early in the open enrollment period have a greater chance of being accepted.
- Office will open at 7:30 am on November 15th.
- As part of the open enrollment process you will be asked to provide a current report card, immunizations record, and birth certificate. You will also be asked to select courses for next year. If you are accepted to Wasatch, we will take your course selections and put them into our scheduling system.
- Students residing within Granite School District are given priority. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and will be stamped with the date-and-time received. Each application is individually screened and considered based on available space in the requested grade, class, or program.
- After review, the school will notify you whether your student has been accepted. If you applied during the open enrollment period, you should be notified no later than March 31st.
- Once your student is accepted, you do not need to re-apply every year they are here at Wasatch.
Students who apply after the open enrollment period will be put on the waitlist. When availability opens up we will contact you. This can occur all the way up to the first two weeks of school. Sometimes parents forget to contact us, so we don’t know there is space until the student doesn’t arrive the first week of school. We understand it is frustrating to wait that long, but please know we will contact you as soon as there is an opening.
If you’d like to look around the school and see what is available here, there will be a Wasatch Open House night on January 25th, 6-8pm. For security reasons, Wasatch doesn’t conduct school tours or allow the public to walk around the school outside of this event.