Enjoy Mustang Media: Episode 46 with a teaser for this week’s Mustang Roundup, the Weekly Whip Around, and a preview of Kindness Week and ways to help a middle school in Houston affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Mustang Roundup Reminder!
Ready Mustangs! Pull out your cell phone and call or text Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa/Aunt/Uncle to invite them to the Mustang Roundup tonight. No cell phone? No worries! Borrow a friend’s phone, or ask to use the teacher’s desk phone. Here are some things to remember:
1. It’s tonight! There are two time slots, 4:30 and 5:30, ask your teacher which one your parents should come to.
2. It will be an hour and a half.
3. Your parents can sign up on the school’s website to talk with specific teachers if they want.
4. Remember, you get 200 CRAZY points if you and a parent or guardian show up tonight!
-See you there!
Example text: Hey Dad. Mustang Roundup tonight at 4:30 at the school. We should go!
Example phone call: Hey Grandma, I’m not in trouble. I’m just calling to remind you about Mustang Roundup tonight at school at 5:30. It would be awesome if we could go!
Binder Check Wednesday
Today’s Binder Check is a planner check! Show your Mustang Room teacher your filled out planner pages for the week (Wednesday to Wednesday). If there are gaps, find a friend from that class to copy the information or try to fill them out from memory. Remember to write down the objective and homework in each class, every day!
At home each day:
Show your Planner to your parents and talk about what you learned that day.
READ at least 20 minutes a day.
Place the SAGE Personal Best Goal Sheet somewhere it can be seen and talk about it regularly.
Celebrate your success often!
Enjoy Mustang Media: Episode 45 with highlights of the fourth Mustang Musings assembly, the introduction of the new Student Body Officers, the Weekly Whip Around, a preview of the first-ever Mustang Roundup, and highlights of the first Mustang Market of the year.
Write a letter to your parents inviting them to next week’s Mustang Roundup using the Google Form below. Include as many details as you can, including the following:
- Mustang Roundup is on Tuesday, September 26
- Appointment times will be at either 4:30 or 5:30 PM (Check the chart to know which is your appointment time)
- The whole evening will take about 90 minutes, but you’ll be doing something the whole time (instead of waiting in lines)
- For 45 minutes, you’ll be in a classroom with your Mustang Room teacher reviewing your SAGE proficiency, your reading fluency, and your organization systems (i.e. planners and binders).
- For 25 minutes, you’ll be in the auditorium with the whole school reviewing the Mustang Roundup schedule for the year, the mission/vision/collective commitments of being at a STEM school, and your personal-best goals.
- For those who would like to, you can also sign up for a one-on-one appointment with any of your teachers and meet with them during the Mustang Roundup. This portion of the Mustang Roundup is optional. Sign ups begin on Wednesday of this week.
- Refreshments will be served at the Mustang Roundup
- We would love to have both students and parents attend the Mustang Roundup
- Students will receive 200 bonus CRAZY points if their parents attend the Mustang Roundup.
Organize and check off school binders.
Binder Checks! We will regularly check different aspects of your binder throughout the year. These include:
1. A binder “Shake test” where you will turn your binder upside down and shake it! You pass if no papers fall out.
2. A Tab Check- where you make sure you have all of your tabs correctly labeled.
3. A Planner Check – where you have to show your Mustang Room teacher your filled out planner pages for the week. If there are gaps, you’ll have to fill them in from memory.
4. An I-Can Check – where we tell you which subject, and you have to show your teacher an up-to-date I-Can paper for that subject.
5. Notes Check – Like an I-Can check, we’ll tell you which subject, and you will need to show your teacher a page of notes (paper or electronic) from that class.
These checks will go into the Gradebook for your Mustang Room class.
For today, you are going to do a Tab Check. All of the Tabs in your binder should be labeled in this order:
(AVID – if you’re taking AVID. If not, skip this)
Elective – write the name of your elective, like Band.
Elective – write the name of your elective, like Art.
Elective- write the name of your elective, like Underwater Basket Weaving.
When your tabs are in order, show your teacher to pass off your binder check today.
- Pass out Mustang Roundup Flyers to be taken home tonight
- Pass out SAGE goal sheets
- Graph progress on English, Math, and science over the last three years.
- Sign the goal sheet
- Return them to your Mustang Room Teacher
Enjoy Mustang Media: Episode 44 with highlights of the third Mustang Musings assembly, a preview of school picture day, a summary of the Safe UT app, and the classic Weekly Whip Around.
Watch the tutorial video about the Safe UT app. As it plays, set up the app on your own mobile device.
Watch the anti-bullying video. As it plays, think about how you can be an ally or a friend to others.
Pass out the new ID cards
Mustang Musings Assembly #4 featuring the first Mustangs of the Month for the 2017-2018 school year. Additionally, we’ll get to know the SBO candidates a little better.