Online registration will be available starting August 1st. More information will be posted on this page in the near future.
- Online registration starts August 1st.
- Everything can be done online.
- It will all be done through the new Information System called Focus at focus.graniteschools.org
- It is best if you start the process by logging into the Parent Portal first (instructions are below).
- You can download the Granite Schools Community App to complete the registration or do it on a computer.
- Here are instructions to help you through the process. (How to Register.pdf)
- Here is another Granite Link and a flyer (New_School_Info_Packet_July_2023_v3.pdf).
- If you need help, you may come to the school on August 8th from 9:00-2:00 or on August 9th from 4:00-7:00 pm.
- Any students new to West Lake STEM Jr. High who didn’t attend here or a designated feeder school last year (if you attended a charter school, were homeschooled, or have moved into the area over the summer) will need to register in person, however, you still create a Focus Portal Account first. You will need to bring:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of residence (a bill with your name and address on it)
- Immunization records
- I.D. (Driver’s license or government ID).
- School Fees:
- All student fees will be paid through the new Parent Portal in Focus. All 7th-grade students are charged the $65 & 8th-grade students the $80 basic enrollment fee in addition to any class fees as determined by the classes they register for. The basic fee will be charged to all student accounts by the first day of school.
Please Complete a Free/Reduced Lunch Application
- We really want EVERY family to fill out a Free/Reduced Lunch Application even if you think you may not qualify. It is easier to qualify for this than it is for a fee waiver. We also get Title 1 funding based on how many students are accepted. Please fill out the Free/Reduced Lunch Application!
Schedules and Class Changes:
- Schedules and Class Changes:
- You will be able to see your schedule through Focus and/or the Parent Portal starting August 14th.
- We will also give you a printed copy on the first day of school.
- We will not be making class changes on the first two days unless there is a hole (blank class) in your schedule. Come to the office during that period.
- We ask that you go to your classes the first two days of school, then meet with your counselor if necessary changes need to be made.
- We will also be having an Open House Night. This will also be on August 9th from 4:00-7:00 if you just want to walk around and see where your classrooms are.
- Please review the Student Handbook. There is helpful information in the handbook. All students and parents are expected to know the content in the handbook and must abide by the rules and expectations.
In person registration will take place across two dates and two sessions at the West Lake STEM campus. Dates and times for registration are also available on our school calendar.
Session 1 will occur on August 8th, starting at 9:00am and ending at 2:00pm.
Session 2 will occur on August 9th, starting at 4:00pm and ending at 7:00pm.
La inscripción escolar se llevará a cabo en dos fechas y dos sesiones en el campus STEM de West Lake. Las fechas y horas de inscripción también están disponibles en nuestro calendario escolar.
La sesión 1 tendrá lugar el 8 de agosto, comenzando a las 9:00 am y terminando a las 2:00 pm.
La sesión 2 tendrá lugar el 9 de agosto, comenzando a las 4:00 p. m. y terminando a las 7:00 p. m.