Farnsworth’s positive behavior plan includes three school-wide expectations:
1. Follow Directions the 1st Time
2. Be Respectful
3. Follow KYHFOOTY
Students are taught and encouraged to use skills to be problem solvers when they experience disrespect or problem behavior. The model we use is called “Stop, Walk and Talk” and comes from a researched-based bully prevention program.
- Stop – When a student experiences disrespect, they are to first ask the other person to “Stop”.
- Walk Away – Sometimes, even when students tell others to “stop”, problem behavior will continue. When this happens, students are to “walk away” from the problem behavior.
- Talk (report to an adult)- Students are taught that even when they use “stop” and they “walk away” from the problem, sometimes students will continue to behave inappropriately toward them. When that happens, students should “talk” to an adult. If the problem is severe, students are taught to report immediately to an adult.
*If your child reports a problem to you at home, please call the school (385-646-4822).
Granite District policies and information:
- 17-18 Information Packet
- 17-18 Information Packet Spanish
- Head Injury Policy Sign Off Form 2017-2018
- Head Injury Policy Sign Off Form 2017-18 Spanish
- McKinney-Vento Assistance
- Parent Acknowledgement (PDF): English | Spanish | Arabic | Vietnamese
- Student Insurance Flyer
- Student Technology Use Agreement (PDF): English | Spanish
- K-6 Fee Waiver (PDF): English | Spanish
- Library/Media Center Borrow’s Permit –
- 2 books may be checked out at a time. Books may be kept up to 2 weeks.
- Students with overdue books or unpaid fines may not check out additional books.
- Students are responsible for books in their care.
- Before a student transfers to another school, all books should be returned or the cost of the book(s) paid to the school
- Electronic Games and Communication Devices – All electronic devices must be off and remain in student’s backpack during school hours (9:00-3:45 including recess times). Communication devices and games that that are used in violation of this policy will be taken away and kept in the school office until a parent comes to pick them up.
- Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, and Skates – Bikes, scooters, skateboards and inline skates are NOT to be ridden on school grounds. Bikes and scooters may be stored in the locked bike rack.