All parents are welcome to volunteer here at the school or on field trips! Come to the office to check in if you are visiting or volunteering. We will scan your ID and print out a visitor’s badge.
For the safety of our students, parents with official background checks through Granite District will be given priority and first pick for field trips that they would like to attend with their students. If you are interested in getting an official background check, please follow the instructions below. Please note that we only post the Volunteer Job intermittently. If you’re interested in applying as a volunteer and our job is not posted, please call the office at 385-646-4828.
- Apply for the volunteer job on the Granite School District website. Go to this link to start the process and fill out the application: Granite School District Jobs. If the job does not appear here, it is not currently posted. Call the office at 385-646-4828 to find out when the job will be posted again.
- Fox Hills Elementary volunteer is on the list of volunteer jobs. If the link somehow doesn’t work, go to this link: Granite School District Find Employment. Click the blue button “Apply for Employment or Manage Application.” You’ll click on the Volunteer – School Category on the left-hand side of the page. The volunteer job for Fox Hills will be in that list.
- Once the Position closes, our principal will extend an official “hire” to you. Once you have been hired, you can go to the District Offices for fingerprinting. Bear in mind that you are responsible for the $45 cost.
- Once your background check is approved, we will put your name on our pre-approved volunteer list. This background check will last for 5 years.
Parents without background checks are also welcome on field trips with a few conditions.
- If you don’t have a background check, you will be paired up with a parent, teacher, or school employee with a background check.
- Parents without background checks must remain in eyesight of a parent, teacher, or other school employee with a background check.
- Parents without background checks are not permitted to accompany students into the restrooms, even if they are related to the student. They may send students in two or more at a time and wait outside.
- If the field trip requires widely spreading out in smaller groups, at the teacher’s discretion, the number of accepted volunteers without background checks may be limited.