All students need to register at the beginning of each school year. This includes new students, returning students, and pre-registered students. Parents of returning students (and pre-registered students) may register online through the parent portal, beginning August 2, 2021. New students must be registered in person.
In Person Registration
In person registration will be Monday, August 2, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. The Salt Lake County Health Department recommends all unvaccinated people wear a mask.
Parents of returning students and pre-registered students (including ALC students) will need to update and sign the registration card and beginning of the year documents.
Parents of new students will fill out a registration card and will also need to provide:
- child’s birth certificate
- child’s immunization record
- proof of address/residency in the name of a parent
- parent ID
Parents of returning and pre-registered students may register online if they choose. This is done through the parent portal account. Online registration will be available August 2-13, 2021.
Register Online https://portal.graniteschools.org/
- Log in to parent portal account (with a parent login not the student login)
- Choose Online Registration from the Home menu
Kindergarten KEEP Assessments
Each incoming kindergartner needs to take a 20-25 minutes assessment prior to starting school. These assessments are given by appointment only, to give your child one-on-one time with a teacher. Assessment times are available Monday, August 2 – Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
Online Learning Through Granite Online Live
Beginning with the 2021-2022 school year online learning for elementary schools will be available through Granite Online Live. Families wishing to participate in Granite Online Live will need to meet with Mrs. Daynes or Mrs. Hommes to discuss the online option and requirements.
The Online Live option features live virtual classes taught during specific timeframes during the school day. Instruction includes live virtual interaction with teachers, lectures, discussions, Q&A sessions, and feedback for students during class.
- Classes take place in real-time during the school day (synchronous). Lessons are presented live, and students must log in every school day as if they were attending an in-person class.
- Core courses that meet all academic requirements are provided, along with a selection of elective courses. Honors and specialty courses are not available.
- Students are assigned to Granite Online teachers and staff. K-8 classes are NOT taught by teachers from the student’s home boundary school.
- Students in grades K-8 are enrolled full-time; their entire school experience takes place online.