All students need to register at the beginning of each school year. This includes new students, returning students, and pre-registered students. Parents of returning students (and pre-registered students) may register online through the parent portal, beginning August 1st, 2023. New students must register in person.
Parents of returning and pre-registered students should register online. This is done through our new program, Focus. Online registration will be available starting August 1.
Before you go through the process, please read through this document for instructions and answers to questions: Registration Help Parent Packet. The process involves creating a Parent Portal, adding your student(s) to the account, and then registering them online.
To register online, you will visit this site: Focus Registration and follow the above instructions to register your students. Please call us at 385-646-4828 if you have questions or need your student’s number!
In Person Registration
In person registration for new students will take place on Wednesday, August 2, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you come in person to register, we will help you with the online registeration to gain access to our new system through Focus.
Parents of returning students and pre-registered students (including ALC students) are encouraged to register online starting on August 1st.
Parents of new students will fill out a registration card and will also need to provide:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Parent’s/Legal Guardian’s photo ID
- Child’s immunization record including:
- 5 DTP/DTap/DT Diptheria/Pertussis/Tetanus
- 4 IPV/OPV Polio
- 2 MMR, Measles/Mumps/Rubella
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 2 Varicella (chickenpox)
- Proof of address/residency in the name of a parent (dated within 3 months)
- bill/offical mail with your name and address
- Lease Agreement
- Mortgage Agreement
- Notarized “Affirmation of Residency” form (available in the office)
Kindergarten KEEP Assessments
Each incoming kindergartner needs to take a 20-25 minutes assessment prior to starting school. These assessments are given by appointment only, to give your child one-on-one time with a teacher. Assessment times are available Monday, August 14 – Wednesday, August 16, 2023.
Online Learning Through Granite Online Live
Beginning with the 2021-2022 school year online learning for elementary schools will be available through Granite Online Live. Families wishing to participate in Granite Online Live will need to meet with Mrs. Daynes or Mrs. Hommes to discuss the online option and requirements.
The Online Live option features live virtual classes taught during specific timeframes during the school day. Instruction includes live virtual interaction with teachers, lectures, discussions, Q&A sessions, and feedback for students during class.
- Classes take place in real-time during the school day (synchronous). Lessons are presented live, and students must log in every school day as if they were attending an in-person class.
- Core courses that meet all academic requirements are provided, along with a selection of elective courses. Honors and specialty courses are not available.
- Students are assigned to Granite Online teachers and staff. K-8 classes are NOT taught by teachers from the student’s home boundary school.
- Students in grades K-8 are enrolled full-time; their entire school experience takes place online.