Kearns High School
(A letter containing this same information will be mailed home the week of July 9th.)
As per Granite School District, all secondary schools have moved to an online registration process. Parents will be registering their student(s) online through the Granite District homepage. Please go to http://portal.graniteschools.org and either log in or create a parent portal account.
All forms will be available August 1st at the above site.
- If you have not created a parent portal account for each of your secondary students, click on the Gradebook\ parent portal Registration Link and follow the steps to create an account. When you have done that and received email confirmation of the parent portal activation, click on the District Resources link, then click on the Registration Linkand follow the instructions to complete your fall student registration and payment of fees.
- If you have already created a parent portal account to access your student’s grades or Canvas account, go directly to the District Resources link, then click on the Registration Link and follow the instructions to complete your fall student registration and payment of fees.
On completion of the registration process and your fees are paid, you should be able to print a copy of your student’s schedule within 48 hours through the parent email address we have on file.
Student registration for the 2018-2019 school year requires online internet access. If you do not have that capability available to you, please know that you may create your parent portal and/or complete your fall student registration and payment of fees at Kearns High School. We will have computers and help available for this process on August 3rd through August 8th from the hours listed below by grade level in the Career Center and the library.
Parents & students must be in the Registration Line no later than 30 minutes before the end of the Registration Session. This will allow us to complete your Registration in a timely manner.
|August 3||9th Grade||8:00 – 11:30 AM|
|August 3||10th Grade||12:30 – 3:00 PM|
|August 6||11th Grade||8:00 – 11:30 AM|
|August 6||12th Grade||12:30 – 3:00 PM|
|August 7||New Student||8:00 – 12:00 PM|
|August 7||Night Registration||4:00 – 7:00 PM|
|August 8||SBO, Athletes, Other||8:00 – 11:30 AM|
|August 8||Make Up||12:30 – 3:00 PM|
All parents who are applying for fee waiver will fill out the form at the school and will need to provide 2017 Tax Returns during the above grade level times. Fee waivers must be applied for within 30 days of the student’s registration date and applied for every school year.
Please be aware the basic fees are $65.00. All class fees will be put on your student’s account after all class changes have been made. Driver Education is $140.00, school magnet calendars are $1.00 and PTSA will be $7.00. Parking Permits are $10.00 and will be issued only to 11th and 12th grade students due to the lack of parking stalls. Cars without decals will be ticketed.
If you have not registered by the first day of school, you cannot receive your schedule until you complete the registration process. You will need to go to the library the first day of school where you will be directed to register online.
SBO officers will be in the main hall the first day of school to direct students and answer questions.
Free and reduced lunch applications can be found at www.myschoolapps.com Only one application is needed per household.
Other school information regarding Yearbook Purchasing, Attendance/Truancy Policies, School Picture Dates, Counseling Center and Counselor Assignments by alphabet, bell schedules, lunch schedule, and other school information can be found on our Kearns High website at http://schools.graniteschools.org/kearnshigh
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
- August 17th
- 9th Grade/New Student Orientation 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Your attendance is critical to your success as a new High School student.
- Parent Orientation 9:00 AM to 10:00AM
- August 13th through 17th
- Teachers and counselors will not be available because of training and network meetings which are District mandated.
- August 17th
- The school will be locked at 12:00 PM to prepare for the first day of school.
- August 20th
- First day of school – (A-Day) Regular schedule. The GTI busses will leave at
7:00 AM – All GTI fees will be paid at their facility.
- August 22nd & 23rd
- Student Pictures taken during English classes. All Seniors will be photographed in a black college graduation gown and a green stole for the yearbook picture.
Make-up will be on September 27th.
- September 25th and 26th
- Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM