Calendars & Schedules:
Social and Emotional Resources
- Chromebook User Agreement
- Chromebook Agreement Spanish
- Chromebook Troubleshooting
- Chromebook Care and Logging in for the First Time
Brand new students should have a default password of School1. If this does not work you will need to contact the library and we will help you reset it. If you are a returning student many of your passwords will expire soon and you will need to reset them. This can be done through the Portal.
If you are using a KHS Chromebook then you use your Google account, which is your firstname.lastname@example.org (first four of your first name, first four of your last name, and first four of your student number) to create an account. The password will be the same as your computer login password.
If you are using a home computer you should open Chrome and add a user to keep your granitesd.org account available on the computer as several teachers will use it to share, open, and submit documents. Anytime a teacher tells you to use a Google program this is the username you need. The password will be the same as your other logins.
Everyone needs to login to the portal to access Canvas and Gradebook. Your username for these programs is your student number and the same password you used to login. Most of your communication from your teachers will come through Canvas.
Our students also have access to a Microsoft account. This will allow you to use all the features of Office 365. This is not used by a lot of teachers, but some of the business teachers do request that students use it. Your username for that account is your student email@example.com and your password will be the same as your login password.
Student Password Expiration
Student passwords expire every twelve months. Students who set their password in August of 2019 will find that they can’t log into Canvas and some other systems, even though they enter their password correctly. This is because these systems don’t know what to do with an expired password, so they simply fail the login. If your password has expired and you log into portal.graniteschools.org, it will prompt you to change the password, then you can log into Canvas with the new password.
While changing the password in the portal, if it says, “The directory service was unable to change the password,” that means the new password doesn’t meet the complexity requirements.
The new password needs to be at least seven characters long. It cannot contain three or more consecutive characters from the first name, last name, or username. You cannot reuse old passwords. Passwords must include three out of the following four requirements:
- an upper case letter
- a lower case letter
- a number
- a special symbol (For example: !, $, #, or %)
- Course Selection Information for the 2021 School Year
- Course Catalog 2021
- KHS MASTER SCHEDULE 2021 Website
- 2019-2020 Student Information Booklet
- Locker Map
- Go to https://kearns.lockerassignment.com/
- Login using your student number
- Your password is your initials (first letter of your first name and first letter of your last name) and then your student number ie Mary Smith MS952634
- Select a zone (see map) – Downstairs (1-682 and 2375-2626), Upstairs (686-2150), CTE/Shop (2151-2374)
- Available lockers will come up for you to choose from
- Once you have selected a locker you will be shown the combination
- If you forget your combination you can log back into lockerassignments.com and look up your combination at any time
- How to open your locker:
- Turn knob right at least two whole turns and stop at first number
- Turn know left one whole turn past first number and stop at second number
- Turn right and stop a last number
- How to open your locker:
- K-Town PRIDE
- 2019-2020 Student Manual
- Kearns High Attendance Policy English Spanish
- Academic Letter Application
- ACADEMIC LETTER REQUIREMENTS
- UHSAA Athlete Physical Form