Granite Family Engagement Centers seek to strengthen the partnership between schools and families to enhance every child's education and learning experience.
Julie Liston 801-244-7918 Email Me
Laurel McConkie 385-216-0509 Email Me
Heidi Moore 801-671-3854 Email Me
Jenny Smith 801-903-8817 Email Me
We hold classes on days that are listed below.
- English class 9:00-10:30
- Reading Club 12:00-12:30
- English on computer 9:00 - 10:00
- Parent Support 10:30 - 11:30
- Pre - Reading Kids Club 11:40-12:10
- English class 9:00 - 10:30 am
- Citizenship Test Prep 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- 9:00 - 10:30 Wellness - includes yoga, community resources, and more!
Family Engagement Centers MissionGranite Family Engagement Centers seek to strengthen the partnership between schools and families to enhance every child’s education and learning experience.
Connection between Families and Teachers
- Communication support for teachers and staff
- Home visit companions
- Present expectations from the school
- Parent Portal account set-up
- Follow-up sessions to review grades and connect to teacher if needed
- “Together Time” Early Childhood Education
- “Kindergarten Parent Club” class for caregivers of kindergarten students
- Literacy and homework help for caregivers
- English as a Second Language
- Basic computer skills, email & Zoom app set-up, etc.
- Wellness classes including nutrition, exercise, and meditation
- Imagine Learning for parents
- In-person and virtual presentations from partnering organizations
- Assistance with preschool registrations and free lunch applications
- Basic needs resource connection including food and healthcare access, car seats, citizenship, and more.