Dear Morningside Parents,
Please take a moment to review the following Morningside traffic policies, listed by area:
South Area (Bluebell Drive)–No U-turns!
- Use crosswalks. Do not double park/let children off in traffic/encourage them to walk between cars.
- Parking is never allowed in the pickup/drop off zone immediately south of the school.
- Parking is not allowed in the “coned” areas along Bluebell. These spaces are necessary for bus maneuvering.
Northeast (church-owned) Parking Lot
- The “coned” area (the parking stalls along the sidewalk exiting the school fence) is a pickup/dropoff zone. You may use the full length of the coned area to load/unload your children. Please do not park in any of these stalls.
- This lot has four entrances. Please use the center two for parking, and the outer two for the pickup/dropoff pattern.
- The westernmost entrance (the one by the school sidewalk described in #1) is an Exit only.
Because the lot is owned by the church, not the school, it cannot be restriped to reflect these traffic policies. We appreciate your adherence, regardless of striping.
Northwest (school-owned) Parking Lot
- Park only in marked stalls.
- Follow painted traffic flow pattern; utilize full length of sidewalk for pick up/drop off.
West (teacher) Parking Lot
- The West lot is only for teacher parking and for student pick up/drop off during school hours (i.e., for appointments).
- At no time–even “just for a moment”–is parking allowed in the striped area at the bottom of the stairs.
We know pick up/drop off time is stressful (boy, do we know!)! Please model the patience, consideration, and safety which we want our children to exhibit. Please make all drivers of your children (grandparents, babysitters, child care services) aware of these policies. Together, let’s keep our children safe.
Morningside Community Council