The Pleasant Green Elementary ASP is a Salt Lake County Youth Services Afterschool Program.
- Start Date: August 30, 2021
- Current Calendar: October 2021
- End Date: May 20, 2022
Monday – Thursday
- 3:45-4:00PM Check In
- 4:00-5:00PM Homework Help & Academics with certified Teachers
- 5:00-5:45PM Enrichment Activities with Youth Leaders
- 5:45PM Check Out
Friday (or other Planning/Early Days)
- 1:40-2:00PM Check In
- 2:00-3:00PM “Out of the Box” Academics
- 3:00-4:00PM Fun Friday! (Electronics Day, Legos, Movie Nights, Parents Day, etc.)
- 4:00PM Check Out
Fieldtrips will fall on Fridays. Specific Friday hours may be extended, you will be notified if this happens.
If you are interested in your student participating in the After School Program for the 2021-2022 school year please email the Coordinator, Ms. Miranda firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be put on the first come first serve list.
We invite students who have previously been in ASP or Summer program first, then next is by teacher referral, then it is by parent request. These spots fill up fast so do not hesitate to claim yours!
Academic Session: Students will focus on Homework completion, if students do not come with their homework, or don’t have any assigned to them the teachers will assign them practice work if reading, literacy/comprehension, or math. We practice The Utah After School Network’s “Align for Success” a school to afterschool alignment.
Enrichment Session: We will have different fun activities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Healthy Living which consists of healthy cooking classes & how to choose a healthy lifestyle, physical activities like sports & games. Geography! We like our kids to start learning their states early! Culture Club where students get to learn about a new county/culture each week, arts and crafts & fine arts (Arts & Culture). Prevention; Anti-bullying, How to Create Healthy Relationships (Friendships), Drug & Smoke Free, & “Promise to Graduate”, College & Career Readiness classes… These are just a few examples.
- Kinder 10 students only
- 1st-6th 15 students each grade
- This means once these spots are filled your student will be put on a waiting list.
Because of the limited space in our After School Program we are strict on attendance. Please make sure your student is dedicated to Monday through Thursday, Fun Fridays are optional and not counted against students if they are absent. What we expect:
The After School Program is funded by federal grants through Salt Lake County; it is an optional opportunity for students to have additional academic support and enrichment beyond the traditional school day. We are grateful to be recipients of this grant and want this to be a successful experience for our students. To accomplish this, we require the following:
- If your student will be absent from the After School Program, please call the school and inform them of the absence so that the office can inform the Coordinator of the Program; 3 inconsecutive unexcused absences, or more than 1-week consecutive absences will result in the student being removed from the program. Students who are late being picked up at the correct time will be removed from the program after 3 late pick-ups. Students who are checked out early (before 5:45PM Mon-Thu) more than once a week will be removed from the program.
- We do understand that emergencies happen, we make exceptions for things like Dr. appointments, and afterschool extra curriculars that are pre-planned, etc. please discuss these things with the Coordinator as soon as possible.
If you have any other questions about the 2021-2022 After School Program please email Ms. Miranda at email@example.com.
ASP Coordinator: Miranda Lavallee